I Forge Iron

Prayers for a Tiki guy

Paul TIKI

So I didn't really want to ask for myself, because we lost Glenn and Thomas recently, but I'm having a pretty rough time of it.  In June we had a suspiscion.  In August I was diagnosed with Throat cancer.  Now, even though it is the sort that should be taken seriously, the survivability is pretty good (Squamous cell carcinoma in the throat)  I have been trying to tough it through the radiation treatments and now Chemo on top of it  They were hoping to get it with radiation, but they think chemo would actually help more long term.  

I could use some good vibes, prayers, and a few anvil rings

Thanks guys

I just returned from ringing the anvil in the Celtic garden, to ask for healing light and comfort be sent your way. As a 7 year survivor of Testicular Lymphoma, chemo and radiation treatment, I can say "this too shall pass" keep your spirits up and follow the doctors instructions to the letter.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update.  I am finished with the radiation treatments, but I still have some Chemo to go.  I'm pretty darn weak and have lost a ton of weight (A little over 100 lbs), but I was 280 at one point so I could afford it.  Can't eat, hard time drinking.  So I am having a rough time of it.  Further prayers and positive vibes and ringing of the anvil would be greatly appreciated.

Chemo takes it out of you for sure. Being cancer free is worth it though, hang in there Brother we're with you!

I'll speak with Higher on your behalf and keep the good wishes in my heart. 

I've never suffered through cancer treatments so I won't say I know how you feel. I have had a number of friends go through it though so I've seen some of the effects. On the other hand I can visit, share jokes and participate in their healthy good life now. 

I wish I could bring you more Paul but prayers and good vibes is what I have. You have them.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the Prayers and good vibes.  I finished radiation and this Thursday I finished with chemo.  Now we wait a few weeks for the scans to be sure, but Doc. is optimistic!  I need to regain my strength and re-learn to eat and swallow better.  I only have taste buds for salt and bitter right now, but the rest should come back.

I can't remember if the mods will allow this you tube link, but It's me ringing the bell at the oncology dept. Thursday. I'll take it down if it breaks a rule.  just wanted to share

https://youtube.com/shorts/sZTcvllqYHM

Congratulations on your finishing treatment, except for follow up visits. I see nothing wrong with your You Tube link. It is good to see you up & about. Ringing the bell three times has a special meaning to me. Like ringing the anvil in the Celtic garden three times. We didn't have a bell in my oncology infusion center, but my doctor took me in the room and said to everyone I was his poster child.:) Due to HIPA he wouldn't say anything else, after my last check up he retired and the doctor who took his place cut me loose yay.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus

Hearing you ring the bell sent chills down my spine!  I'm so happy for you I could do something silly to celebrate! I'm thinking the mods won't say a word, they're members here too and if they didn't care they wouldn't be mods. Bet they all have big grins on. I sure do!

You're still in my prayers and will be for many many years after they give you a clean bill.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Small to medium setback.  Not recovering like I should.  Not getting calories and nutrients like I should because radiation nuked my mouth and gullet pretty good.  Anyway I am getting a feeding tube placed in my abdomen/stomach tomorrow and could use a few rings on the anvil and maybe a few prayers.  The procedure is really relatively minor, and is supposed to take all of ten minutes once you are under. But hey, if there's an angel or two looking for me I won't complain.  I just hope this will help speed the overall healing process and get me back out to forge by springtime.

I need to say it, Thank You All, and God bless you all!