I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

Thanks Charles, I'll give it a try next weekend.:)

Sorry Glenn, haven't seen any recipes for this(possibly missed em) in the Grill before and now it seems to have gone 'blank' or awol. Tried google and either got biscuits(as cookies) or recipes for gravy using store bought 'biscuits '    

Edited by ianinsa

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the basic recipe Charles. I refrigerate or freeze the flour for a couple hours first and they come out flakier.

Vulcan's grill eh? It wasn't really me intent to hijack the thread I just get carried away and that quiche was really good. It makes really good left overs and lunches and I can't buy pie crust or heavy cream in small enough quantity for just the two of us so I use up the crusts, serves 4 with next day lunches.

Frosty The Lucky.

sandy loves quesh, my self i preffer to make fetatas. 

Ian, your welcome. Less you play with them the better. Its odd, all my quick bread recipies are based on the 2 cup modual, pancakes, tortillas, etc. so I can carry tem around in my head, yeast bread not so much, 6-8 cups (then I have to cut it down or the dang thing tryes to crawl out of the kitchenaid). 

As a quid pro quo :flatbread recipe= 2 cups flour +1 cup yogurt. Mix and stick in pan . Hard to forget? And cheap too! Double bonus points:)

Ooooooh! Gonna try that one. Bread pan, frying pan, gold pan?

Frosty The Lucky.

I went to abbreviate Blacksmith in another thread and realized it was BS... which makes me wonder if maybe it was deliberate. As it seems to fit quite well some times.

Have you gleaned NOTHING from what I've been saying for all these years now!? :o

Maybe deliberate? Gather round my boyos while I make up the story of how it actually came to pass. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

Ooooooh! Gonna try that one. Bread pan, frying pan, gold pan?

Frosty The Lucky

Frying pan, maybe a gold pan held with pliers or nailed to a plank, heck a small amount in a Bread pan it is a flatbread after all!  Ok any of the above:D

Have you gleaned NOTHING from what I've been saying for all these years now!? :o

Maybe deliberate? Gather round my boyos while I make up the story of how it actually came to pass. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I'm sorry to say, the sarcasm may have been lost on you with my original post.

Frosty, I'm sorry to say, the sarcasm may have been lost on you with my original post.

Sarcasm lost on ME!!!! :o How dare you SIR! I formally throw down the spandex gauntlet and challenge you to a duel. Rubber chickens at 3 paces! 

Oh wait, was my ironic rejoinder an air shot?

I'm a TBI survivor and occasionally I take things far too personally, seriously or whatever but in those cases my replies are seriously angry. My friends point out I've lost it and I step back, let the adrenaline dump dissipate and get back usually apologetically. I'm not the only one to suffer from my accident, just don't treat me like a victim I'm a survivor and LOVE word games.

Frosty The Lucky.

Sarcasm lost on ME!!!! :o How dare you SIR! I formally throw down the spandex gauntlet and challenge you to a duel. Rubber chickens at 3 paces! 

Oh wait, was my ironic rejoinder an air shot?

I'm a TBI survivor and occasionally I take things far too personally, seriously or whatever but in those cases my replies are seriously angry. My friends point out I've lost it and I step back, let the adrenaline dump dissipate and get back usually apologetically. I'm not the only one to suffer from my accident, just don't treat me like a victim I'm a survivor and LOVE word games.

Frosty The Lucky.

Rubber chicken heads leave funny marks... don't ask how I know.:unsure:

pics... or it never happened.

REALLY! Why else bring it up if you don't want us to believe it or at least suspend disbelief for the story. I suppose the next thing he'll try to have us believe is he already knows a rubber ducky can leave quite the hicky. :rolleyes:

Go ahead ask me, I'll just make up something less embarrassing anyway.

Frosty The Lucky.

Rubber items and marks... This is a blacksmithing site and not a 50 shades discussion forum isn't it?:blink:

A new low for me. In a fancy meeting a couple football fields from the Congessional Bld. Someone walks behind me while I'm on the computer 'taking notes' and notices that I'm annotating a blacksmith heat chart with the skin tones associated with being hit with chickens, ducks, geese, and penguins. 

Dang...really need to get some focus. 

Yes, The IFI cooking section is called Vulcan's Grill

This 'lives' er lived near the blue prints , it seems to have 'made like Donald' :) Done a duck! To me it shows no posts in that section and if I click on it I get the 'No Permission ' flag.:(