I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wisdom is learning from others what I can apply on my own as mine...   Smart is figuring out on my own or from others how to apply and idea or concept through implementation (figuring it out)..   Both of these run side by side...  jlpservices

If the floor wants to examine your piece of work; it is EXTREMELY rude to interfere!

If a piece is heading toward the floor, LET IT, and then pick it up correctly with tongs or at the COLD end

Training yourself to NOT grab something dropping saves a lot of pain in the long run.  Thomas Powers

On 1/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, Glenn said:

Forget youtube as a research tool, you need a good working handle on things before you can sift out the useful information. Frosty

I have said this many times, people look at me funny when I tell them that youtube can get them hurt. Course some people look at me funny anyway ;-)

Figure it out and then make a mental note, in ink. Glenn 

Be sure to copy the important mental notes to a physical notebook ASAP. Include enough information so someone else can decipher and understand your notes at a later date.