I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The oxen is slow, but the earth is patient". A line I never got to use on a boss, dang it all! By then I was the boss: life is way to fair to suit me.Mikey

My boss would say: "the oxen will be hamburger by the next performance review!" Thomas Powers

Four "H"s: Heat, Hold, Hit On, Hit With. JCHH

Think of the suicide knob or a necking knob on an older cars steering wheel. We know who the older folks are by the smile on their face, or the twinkle in their eye. The younger folks may have to look that reference up. (grin) 

Overworked and underpaid. The words my dad told me when he was striking for me. Joking of course!

Littleblacksmith

2 hours ago, Millhand said:

Always so serious around here. Guess frosty is the only one that can joke around. 

Nah, he just lacks practical experience. The secret to, "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission," truism is you have to ASK for forgiveness to stay out of trouble.

Here's another one. NEVER let the boss hear about a screw up from someone else first.

How many of you heard this when you were younger. "Put that down it's expensive!"

Frosty The Lucky.

16 minutes ago, Millhand said:

This thread has bought quite a few smiles to my face.  Good stuff. 

Aim for something cheap!

After the day I've had its refreshing to find a bit of humor.  Frosty and TP, you guys rock! 

Sure we rock but not so much when out blood sugar is good. 

My father used to tell me. "Hands in your pockets!" However he would cut me some slack if I held them clasped behind my back. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I loathed for that upbringing, my father told me those stories but I was not so lucky. I was however fortunate enough to be molded by elders that learned to be frugal during the depression.  

A few days ago I tried to forge some of the wrought iron they left behind and it unraveled on my anvil.  

My Father was a double E and he always said keep your left hand in your pocket so if you touched something *live* the conduction path didn't cross your heart...He also told me "Real Programmers program with a soldering iron"  Of course his engineering classes included using steam tables to design steam engines and forging a screwdriver---in college no less!