• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm blanking out completely, I'd look it up but my references are all audible and be listening till Wednesday before eliminating the first one.

Celtic mythology, powerful wood Fae with antlers. Priests and adherents wear antler head dresses.

It must be hiding in one of the wrinkles in my brain.

Frosty The Lucky.

THEY FOUND ME! 

IMG_20210928_192948.thumb.jpg.61d37e276d1d6df78e486b41623710d3.jpg

Straight out hanger 18, cant believe papa kept feeding them when he worked there!. (for those who do not know there is no hanger 18)

Seriously, This is Halloween in Fairborn Ohio. Whole downtown gets decorated up. The house this is at is in the downtown. The guy whose family owned it started a 5 and dime back in the 30's and now he pretty much owns the downtown. Great guy though, loves his home town an does a lot for the community. One year the town was not going to have 4th of July fireworks becuase of cost, he paid out of pocket for it to happen. Every Halloween we get a huge festival all the month of October. The same guy does a lot of special effects for "B" movies. I think he is the one who created Punkin" Head. Not sure about that but he did do work on the costume.

IMG_20210928_192536.thumb.jpg.6d028cff768594bccbdf1834d0eff67f.jpg

Ghost busters this year, notice the Stay Puffed Marshmellow man back there. No idea what that white thing in the front is...

And the pirates,

IMG_20210928_192549.thumb.jpg.115bb33dc73ea1128e3cfbca994af942.jpg

Punkins are a must here. No Halloween ever goes by with out them. We get 1 each for the grandkids to carve then a few just have. I take the uncarved ones and set them out in the yard somewhere and let them rot. In the spring the seeds will sprout and i get my next years punkins that way. 

Leaving pumpkins to rot in the yard wouldn't be a good idea here. Most wildlife love squash and pumpkins are high on their list. Almost every Halloween season we see video of moose and bear stealing JackOlanterns off porches, walks, front yards, etc. 

The Alaska Zoo and the Wildlife conservation Center accepts all the pumpkins and squash they can get from farmers in the Mat Su Valley for the critters.

https://www.alaskawildlife.org/

I'd rather just plant a punkin patch in the spring myself. Of course I can make a short drive and buy one for reasonable from youngsters at a farm stand.

Frosty The Lucky.

Some packages arrived in the mail, and I (finally) got myself some large bastard files, a small vise, and an adze and calipers that were thrown in as part of the deal.

Last week I also went to a flea market, and picked up two hammers, and a drill brace. I plan on using more hand tools than power tools. And I think I have just about everything now to completely switch over. The rest I can still make.

IMG_20211001_133735.thumb.jpg.c1b1c9186754851603ae628f40c1fcfa.jpgIMG_20211001_133732.thumb.jpg.ee7d12a0b7dc1a805b7e88febf2f74a1.jpg

~Jobtiel

Yes, I wont use this for hammering of course, the plan is to use it to hold smaller items for filing, as well as general purpose stuff what you would use a normal bench vise for. I like the look of these types of vises, and over here they are pretty abundant.

~Jobtiel