• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Show us what followed you home, and from where. Show us the steel, tools, equiptment etc, that followed YOU home.

Also where it was found, such as the junk yard, street corner, alley way, flea market etc.

And maybe a few details to give the rest of us non-scroungers a little help on how the process works. :?

oh so you want pictures of the wife.. j/k hahaha couldn't resist.

I was up to my Blacksmith shop today, checking on the new entrance door they installed yesterday while I was at the Ag Museum, and was looking in the attic storage area for something. Found one of my LOST items.

My Grandfathers Holland 94 1/2 Offset Jaw Coachmakers Vise, I forgot I put it up there in about 1980 for storage.

Either its heavy or I am getting week, LUCKILY, the neighbor showed up to help me get it down.

8415.attach

8416.attach

Bought my first anvil the other day, finally got the pictures up.. The only marking I can read is USA on one side and some numbers on the front of the base, so I'm not sure of the manufacturer. It weighs 110 lbs and has a very nice ring. Price: $50

Also picked up a few hammer heads, some chisels and a worn set of tongs. Price: free for the asking

It's been a good week for me!

8465.attach8466.attach8467.attach8468.attach

jKeller,
That kinda looks like a Hay-Budden Anvil. Just for the heck of it, Look on the right side very carefully.
If it is a Hay-Budden Anvil, it should have a number stamped on the right side that indicates the weight.
And the serial number will be below the waste under the horn.
I am no expert, so just pretend I know what I am talking about!
It's all in fun! :P
Ted

Edited by Ted T

Ted, you mentioned that a Hay-Budden would have the weight stamped on the side, I've checked very closely now and can't see anything but the USA I mentioned in my previous post.

However, there is what could be a serial number stamped on the base under the horn, think it's likely to be a Hay-Budden? Any other distinguishing features I could check?

8482.attach

yay finaly a portable forge craigslist finaly came through and

well as you can see it needs some work fore ut was bought in the late 1800's has no makers mark and has been sitting half burried in a yard for the past 40 years but mud is not a bad thing at all because it prevented serious rusting only one peice left to free up

Edited by tetnum