I Forge Iron

Some new Australian and International Fauna

Cathsonn

Hi All, been a while since I posted.

Covidhas kept us on farm, so I have been building a few animals in the past 16 months.

we have been in full lockdown or partial for a very long time now.

But, some good things have come out of it.

PS: I hope youare all well

Enjoy

0DC41263-EEF4-4D82-AC40-A79D4B45E1C2.jpeg

B57EDFD4-A8C8-4899-82F0-B70511A16AB9.jpeg

6EF1FE25-96D5-4C35-BD2E-538471B9E51A.jpeg

75D336F3-FC0E-4608-B698-BC04845616DE.jpeg

763FB2BC-3A97-45B7-B3FC-EDCBCB988FE8.jpeg

135B0CBD-E0CA-4E13-BDDA-C397028674F0.jpeg

B0FB7244-2693-4DEB-BF98-203131913CFE.jpeg

A74DBFAD-6F16-473A-8E5F-BB5C1DE2C3C8.jpeg

30009953-B882-40F9-B230-06D21C33077C.jpeg

9BDB53FE-C13C-47FD-AB9E-2B261177E848.jpeg

4962A2FB-0713-44A0-884E-6B2F1D099D7A.jpeg

NoDebt thank you for the lovely comment. The Crow also Caws using a motion sensor and voice box. 

lary, I spenda lot of time gettingthese to look as lifelike as I possibly can. Thank you for liking my work

ThomasPowers, I hope your daughter likes them. As anatomically correct asI can get. Thankyou

18 hours ago, JHCC said:

Who will no doubt determine that they are not suffering from an iron deficiency.

Haha, yes they are jam packed full of iron.. thanks

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Very nice! You even get a feel for the personalities! I LOVE good junk art and that is excellent. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Appreciate the lovely comment

20 hours ago, lary said:

Wow.  That's some impressive work. I find quite a few pics of metal sculptures on the internet but typically nothing that elaborate. Thank you for sharing.

Made my day, thanks

18 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Nicely done!  The fluidity of the pieces give them a "real" look.  I'm going to forward this to my Daughter the Veterinarian! 

Work hard to getthst real look. Thanks

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Very nice! You even get a feel for the personalities! I LOVE good junk art and that is excellent. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty, they have very different characters. One in particular gives my husband the evil eye while he does his weights each day. Found him covered up yesterday lol! Hadto laugh when the hubby can feel them watching him. Nailed the real aspect I think

Thank you all for lovely comments. Now to actually sell some lol!!!

23 hours ago, Nodebt said:

Nice work, you are very talented.  Love the bird...

The Crow is all predator, like him alot

Which one of thesesculptures gives my husband the zevil eye when exercising? I say it is only looking st him tomske sure he is doing it right lol!

i think you will work out which one easily. It is all in the eyes!

9 hours ago, Cathsonn said:

Which one of thesesculptures gives my husband the zevil eye when exercising

It is all in the eyes!

I will go out on a limb and say the third photo/sculpture/creature from the bottom is the one giving your husband the eyeball...  

I would like to hear that crow caaawww.....  Pretty cool.  Add some red or green led "eyeballs" to that motion sensor circuit....... :)

8 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Awesome work Cathsonn. I agree they are very lifelike and well done! Thanks for sharing. 

I'm not certain what the Ouroboros style dragon is but I like its look a lot.  

Thanks my friend. The Armadillo lizard was a test to myself, by making something less complex. Easier said than done for me, but happy with the way he turned out. Appreciate comment

1 hour ago, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

I would also have to say the third from bottom, picture of the pig face (?) is giving the evil eye.

That would be Correct. That is a Quokka’s face, and he seems to follow you around the room. I took a lot of time to get the face right! Think I added a bit to much of myself lol!!!

2 hours ago, Nodebt said:

I will go out on a limb and say the third photo/sculpture/creature from the bottom is the one giving your husband the eyeball...  

I would like to hear that crow caaawww.....  Pretty cool.  Add some red or green led "eyeballs" to that motion sensor circuit....... :)

Got it in one, cigar for you!!! See the little comment about him on Irondragon reply. 
The crow is a solid bird, and the caw makes him more so. I wish I had made space for the sensor inside him, hard tohide. I have a short video somewhere, will post next time. Thanks

23 minutes ago, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

I had to look up Quokka and you have captured the essence of that happy little guy. Wish we had them over here in the states "Worlds happiest animal".:)

That they are Happy. From the side he is smiling. They were so friendly they were eaten by the indigenos lol!! Lucky tourism came along for these guys, they are protected now. Very personable. Thank Irondragon

Here in North America I have heard that several Indigenous Cultures had a rule that porcupines were off limits for "regular hunting"  as they were too easy for Humans to prey on.  They were reserved for "disaster rations"  as all you needed to kill them was a branch off a tree and so reserved for the  lost, boat wrecked,  sick, children, etc.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, Frosty said:

Yes, Porkies are protected here but are designated as survival food. Sometimes they over populate and are thinned officially, they can be pretty destructive.

Frosty understand that totally.. We have the same issues here with a few macropods here.. 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, Nodebt said:

And cunning as well.  

I may just try a quokka sculpture someday.  I like happy animals.  Might even try a porcupine, pokey needles and all.  :)

On 9/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, ThomasPowers said:

Here in North America I have heard that several Indigenous Cultures had a rule that porcupines were off limits for "regular hunting"  as they were too easy for Humans to prey on.  They were reserved for "disaster rations"  as all you needed to kill them was a branch off a tree and so reserved for the  lost, boat wrecked,  sick, children, etc.

Nodebt, yes why not try one out... I enjoyed the echidna's, spines and all...

ThomasPowers, yes porcupines have been used as a food source.. They are defenceless against us hungry humans... 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:01 AM, Cathsonn said:

Nodebt, yes why not try one out... I enjoyed the echidna's, spines and all...

I will... :)    First I have to do a pelican my sister requested, then a sculpture of the flying monstrosity from my favorite cheesey 50's monster movie, "The Giant Claw" (I'm going to mount that one on the roof of my new shop), then an Alaskan bug, a bunch of lightning bolts from rr spikes, :) ........... something for my brother for Christmas....... Always wanted to try a centipede and a cricket ....... Lets see, where did I put those project notebooks???? ....... Talos sculpture, another turtle, ................. huge barb wire cross, need to find a roll or two of rusty wire for that one.... Hmmmm.... 

All joking around aside, I wish I had more time.... 

Oh, I always wanted to make a grandfather clock sculpture with a rustic human face for a face on it.....  :)  And I have a few old planter discs just perfect for making faces out of..... I Need another notebook.... Lobster.... Cobra snake... I have this idea for a Flying Dutchman sculpture with a skeleton crew that won't quite gel.... Let's see...  Hmmmmm.... Where was I..... :wacko:   An old miner leaning against an ore cart is on the list... And then......... And then..... :):):)

12 hours ago, Nodebt said:

I will... :)    First I have to do a pelican my sister requested, then a sculpture of the flying monstrosity from my favorite cheesey 50's monster movie, "The Giant Claw" (I'm going to mount that one on the roof of my new shop), then an Alaskan bug, a bunch of lightning bolts from rr spikes, :) ........... something for my brother for Christmas....... Always wanted to try a centipede and a cricket ....... Lets see, where did I put those project notebooks???? ....... Talos sculpture, another turtle, ................. huge barb wire cross, need to find a roll or two of rusty wire for that one.... Hmmmm.... 

All joking around aside, I wish I had more time.... 

Oh, I always wanted to make a grandfather clock sculpture with a rustic human face for a face on it.....  :)  And I have a few old planter discs just perfect for making faces out of..... I Need another notebook.... Lobster.... Cobra snake... I have this idea for a Flying Dutchman sculpture with a skeleton crew that won't quite gel.... Let's see...  Hmmmmm.... Where was I..... :wacko:   An old miner leaning against an ore cart is on the list... And then......... And then..... :):):)

NoDebt,, no rest for the wicked by the looks of it. You have some great projects in the pipeline… Now where is that notebook?????  Mine is always near the forge on a table.. Epiphany’s  might happen any minute.. look forward to seeing these projects. Keep me posted