I Forge Iron

Sin's Rant Post

SinDoc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no doubt. We were tuna fishing and there wasn't a guitar on the boat. I wasn't successful explaining the joke either and Dad couldn't tell a joke if his life depended on it so he was no help. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Summer colds are the worst. My poor nose has been inoperable for the last several days and my head feels like a balloon.

In other news, this weeks entertainment at work was on Monday right as everyone was coming in. Co-worker in the office turned his computer on and it made a loud *POP* sound. We all turned around and looked with a "what the insert word here was that?". With a confused look he moved his monitor to look at his computer and just went "O god its on fire!".

A resistor blew on the board, caught fire and melted wires :lol:. Office smelled of burnt electronics all day. The best part was my boss asking me if I could fix it. My simple response was "the motherboard has a blown resister and I cant solder, plus wiring is melted and the board itself is scorched. No I cant fix it." On the plus side, his hard drive was able to be saved and data taken off using an external adapter I had laying around at home.

I know I build computers as a hobby and what not, but I can't repair burnt/melted electronics lol.

24 minutes ago, SinDoc said:

. My poor nose has been inoperable for the last several days and my head feels like a balloon.

I get terrible headaches when it's humid and the pollen/mold count is high. It's been a rough few days. A neti pot gives me some temporary relief. It might help you out some. 

Pnut

My nose does not respond well to neti pots. Headaches for me are just a daily annoyance. I get 1-2 everyday but thankfully they typically are not terrible enough that it would be considered chronic. I joke with my wife that I eat ibuprofen like skittles.

SinDoc; could be worse; I had pneumonia one summer---was off work for a MONTH, ran 102 degF most of that time and I was on an HMO so they wouldn't put me in a hospital and culture the pathogen and find what killed it but instead used me as a test lab and changed what they gave me every week till one worked.  Got kicked out of our bed as I was keeping my wife up with my continuous coughing and had to sleep sitting in a chair in my study.  For some strange reason I always say yes when they offer a pneumonia vaccine to me now...

I only had pneumonia once in my life. I had went to bed one night feeling just fine then woke up the next morning getting ready for work and felt terrible. Wife woke up to me shuffling around and took one look and said go back to bed you arent working. I woke back up some 12 hours later running a temp of 103F with the flu, which 2 days later developed into pneumonia. I was bed ridden for over a week and barely had the energy to even get up to go to the bathroom. It was horrible and I hope I never get it ever again. Pneumonia is what finally got my grandmother as well, granted she was 88, had smoked a large portion of her younger years, and had only half of her lungs really functioning.

I had covid at the beginning of the year (my lucky self developed it 2 days before Christmas), and I would say my bout with pneumonia/flu was much, much worse. Granted I know it affects everyone differently, but it was no where near as terrible for me. The loss of taste was really weird though.

I once had a cold that just wouldn't go away, and I finally gave in to Lisa's nagging encouragement to go see the doctor. He said it was a good thing I came in when I did, as otherwise I would have been in the ER within 24 hours.

He prescribed me prednisone to clear up my lungs with a caution that it might make me hyper and a warning to let him know if I started to feel psychotic. That night, I was up until about 6:00 am and made eight batches of pie crust dough. Fortunately, it was just before Thanksgiving, and I'd been planning to serve pie anyway.

When I had my hernia repair, the stuff I was on didn't make me hyper, but wouldn't let me get tired enough to sleep. It was exhausting to not be able to get exhausted.

Also, if you've never had a hernia repair (groin), its pretty terrible. 2 months being unable to stand up straight and having to shuffle your way around. Also, pray to whomever you pray to that you never and I mean NEVER sneeze. That was some of the worst pain I have ever felt was a sneeze after my repair.

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Planning on using Mrs Lovett's recipe were you?

The Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Clark deLeon would publish a plea every year around the holidays to consider the thousands of minces being callously slaughtered to make mincemeat pie.