I Forge Iron

What can you see outside of your shop?

After cruising through the galleries I noticed what looked to be some very nice views and pleasant neighborhoods in the background of many of the pics.

It got me to wondering, what do you see outside of your shop door?

I live on top of a ridge and the view makes it hard to get work done!

7601.attach

7602.attach

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some evenings I have the outside looking in at me. Now and then a large doe will poke her head into the door just to see what's going on in there. Other than that I have woods, fields and lots of critters .
Finnr

The meth-head neighbors' across the stree. I'm very envious of a couple of the pix and descriptions here...

Hey Mcraigl,
If you're ever North of the Columbia - stop on in and I'll share the view and some fire.

I had the tweeker problem a year ago - great big bonfires as they burned the insulation off of their stolen wire. Luckily the cops came in and cleaned them out - very quiet since then!

Reb,
Man that water wheel must sound great, nice background sound for the forge! Looks beautiful.

Does mud count as a view? Shop building is fully stuffed (understatement) with machine shop, welding, and woodworking equipment. My smithy is outside until I can put an addition on my current 32' X 45' building. Mother Nature has not been kind to us here this year.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Mud here; mud pies anyone? Ceramic slip... heavy emphasis on the "slip" part.

Looking East or West I see farmland (corn-beans-wheat) with tree borders on the far side for several hundred yards. North & South I have neighbors within hollering distance. The beautiful Kankakee river is a couple hundred yards to the North. Deer and other critters stop by often to harass my chickens and grab an apple. Anybody need some squirrels?? Oak and hickory nuts keep them fed well here.

• 2 months later...

Let's see...... my neighbor's fence about 15 feet from my shop doors. On one side is a semi trucking company, another side is a new road being put in ( near the airport ), and out front are more buildings......... crowded is what I see. But, I do have a shop. So I'll just have to wait on more space with better views.

Many of you have BEAUTIFUL views! Enjoy them.

Mitch