I Forge Iron

Polishing my Hillbilly Image

ThomasPowers

I picked the short straw for my dental genetics: soft easily attacked teeth, missing several adult teeth genetically; diabetic, etc.  Well I had an insulin reaction Monday morning and it looks like I broke a couple of my repaired/replacement teeth during the convulsions.  So now I'm getting that classic gap toothed hillbilly look so many of my Ozark kinfolk have/had.  Top it off with I don't have vacation time yet with my new job and I have usually had my dental work done across the border for affordability issues---now is not a good time to make an international trip! 

Looks like folks will be able to hear the banjos when I smile at them for a while...

1 minute ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Did you know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas. If it was invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush.:lol:

Heh. Nice.

So, TP, what kind of compound are using to this here polish you're talking about? What is the appropriate rouge to get your Hillbilly Image to a mirror shine? 

What Thomas isn't telling you Ohio, is HIllbillies mix dirt dauber nests to slurry with moonshine by drinking the moonshine, falling and thrashing around on dirt dauber nests. Not mentioning what's usually in the slurry when they wake up though.  

Frosty The Lucky.

Ah, I see. And then TP spends time contouring the cheekbones to achieve a natural, smooth definition.

That clarifies things.

I do wonder what TP uses for eyeshadow---I bet he goes for the smoky-eye-look by getting too close to a fire he may or may not have started. I'm not saying TP is an arsonist, though my hunch is that he is often arson adjacent.

My favorite Arkansas story comes from my wife whose late husband at one time was a pastor in Arkansas.  A parishoner told them that people from Arkansas were very economical with their language, eliminating words whenever possible and using just letters.  Example when waterfowl hunting in that state: "R M ducks?" "S, M R ducks."

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Sure send me a cholla craft. IF you pick and craft it without: tongs, gloves or getting a student to do it for you. However if you do get a student to make a cholla pillow I'd like a copy of the video. 

Some friends and I were dirt biking in the Mojave desert and ran into a couple of the school bullies at our camp. The really un-nice one picked the smallest guy at our fire and started in. Well Jim was small, light and not a fighter so he took the stick he was poking the fire with in hand. Bully laughed and told Jim he was going to shove it where the sun don't shine. Jimmy poked it into one of the chollas near the fire and flicked it at the bully, got em both too. 

End of bully involvement in our weekend and Jim got to be the hero of the weekend. Those two guy's thing was making people miserable so everybody at El Mirage dry lake was happy.  

Ahhhh,  happy cholla cactus memories. Thanks for triggering that one Thomas. :) Good times.

Frosty The Lucky.