I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

when is someone going to have a hammerin in my slack season???? November to may. then I can come!!!

Iron Woody the Artist Blacksmiths go NSW have a meeting every month (2nd Sat) somewhere in NSW. Ironfest is in April, Sydney's airport is a comfortable train ride. Watch out for posts next year.

Have booked accommodation tonight as there is a wedding in Braidwood that weekend and rooms are been booked fairly quickly . I Have booked Ron& myself into Braidwood country style B&B $100/night for a twin, booked in for Friday & Saturday night their phone number is 4842 2577 or mobile 0417 659635 ask for Mandy.

Mr Aceman if your looking for courses on blacksmithing starting with all the basics principles , keep in mind quite a few members of the ABA of NSW run weekend courses. You would have had some tuition from Wayne Saunders at FIJ. Consider doing his weekend course and advancing your skills some more, anyway contact Nigel and he can point you in the right direction.

Dale what's happened to "Get Hammered" nothing showing up on main page, get the admin to pull there finger!!!!!!!!

Haha, got a bit confused there sorry, and thanks Phil for telling me! I told my dad about it and he said it would a great "bonding" moment  :rolleyes: . But yeah it will be good. He also said we might camp up there for the night, so does anyone know somewhere we could set up a swag and tent close to Moonies? I think I should be good on accommodation, as long as we can find a clear patch of bush.

Anyway hope to see you guys there again soon,

Jakob

Yes Woody  we could have one at my place but the first meeting wouldnt be called hammerin.. it would be called shovelin..or diggelin.. youknow why Woody......(for the uninitiated  it s to dig the foundations for the 3wc.  But seriously  i have been thinking about it for a while to have a weekend or so for us Far Northerners let me know if anyone is interested i am on the AthertonTableland   in Tolga  .  cheers Hans

Mr Aceman Kurri Kurri at Phils has been and gone, fantastic day great roll up of around 25+(Phil would know numbers). next meeting is at Colin Drays place in Bellingen, followed by Will McGuire at Branxton, then Moonies. The ABA NSW finishes the year in November with a Xmas party in the Port Mcquaire area at Graham Moyses place.
For me and Ron living in Tamworth every meeting venue is about a four hour journey, you have to be prepared to travel to get the benefits of the knowledge and companionship of like minded blacksmiths.

Alright Drewy, thanks! I knew there was something happening this month, though i knew i couldn't go unfortunately due to excessive amounts of homework, soccer and Airforce cadets which I recently joined. The CO at the Cadets actually come from Bellingen, might have to give him a call!

Can't wait to see some smithing again, its been a while, hope to learn some great things! Will be seeing you guys soon, god willing!

Jakob

Hi all , i see some of you are havin' trouble " findin' this thread " .

Ok , heres an idea . Top right of page is " follow this topic " , click on that & next time you wanna look for thread to post click on your name , u'll see " content  i follow " , click on that , all threads you follow will show , then click on thread your after ... simple when you know

Dale

Well hi to all it not long now, i got a swing crane next to the 7cwt to hold heavy bits.

the 1000 toner  press has dies and a furnace near it  and i am hopefully  putting a swing crane next to the 1000 toner so large bits can come out of the furnace an forge under the 1000- toner

and the old steam hammer is going down front gate , so its all on, 

don't forget the new dates for get hammered are  18 19 20 october 2013, the 18th is for the early one to get here and ready so look forward to a good safe weekend

Moon  

Ian ( & others )

This thread was moved into the " Events / Hammer-in " section as part of site tidy up , putting threads in sections where they belong .

Sorry if it's caused you ( or any 1 else ) a problem .

That said thou , if you click on the " follow this topic " , then next time you want to find thread click on your name top right of page , then click on " content i follow " all threads you follow will show . It's not that hard & if i can do it any 1 can do it .

Dale Russell

Ha-ha, no sorry that's not him, he is probably about 300-400 years younger  :lol:.

Apart from the age difference though, the day was really good, he is great guy and showed me a thing or two about twists and stuff. He even offered to sell me an anvil and some tongs to help me get started and I will probably take him up on it if I don't get this anvil I am watching on E-bay. It is 730mm long and its going for a very doable price right now. Now that Have told you about please don't steal it from me  ;) .

Jakob

lolo, to find u brain or pick it lololo we are all mad , obnly i think you might be more madder than I but thats debatable , well the swing crane works a treat and the furnace near the big press is there but i not built a crane over it yet  and i hope to take the old steamy down to front gate this week coming

i  am doing some re adjusting things around in the work shop  but same sort of  set up with large forge table and othere bits

look forward to all attending get hammered