I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

• 2 months later...

That is the letter box for Reliance Hexham, they also have the double arch 20cwt steam hammer that moonie is photographed next to, and no I don't think they will part with it (the smaller one, I know they wont part with the big one)

Phil

• 2 months later...

Ok , it's on again , Get HAMMERED @ MOONY'S

Braidwood NSW

18 th , 19 th & 20 th of October

You all know what you need to bring so i don't ave ta remind you

Same cost as last yr

Either reply in here or pm me your comin'

Dale Russell

P.S. got a question ect , ask away

Looking forward to Get Hammered, Ron and myself should be there. Really enjoyed ourselves last year, have been spreading the word around at Artist Blacksmith NSW monthly events.
Speaking of which ABA NSW is holding its annual yearly event "Forging In July" next month at the old Redfern railway workshops, which is currently occupied by Wendy & Guido. The weekend (Sat 6th & Sun 7th) will showcase Jake James from Vancouver as well as Moonie, Forgemaster, Keith Fludder, Guido and myself giving demos.

Three weeks!!!!! moon and I were going to have a go at making a hook here at work, just to practice so as to speak, and we needed to have a look at guidos to see what he had on the way of lifting equipment over that 7cwt hammer.  Time just flys.

No keep it here Andrew, it will keep bumping "get hammered at moonies" the top anyway, and pretty well most people going to Moonies are going to FIJ.  Yeh, andrew "your" "crew" and yes I do think it is members only?

• 1 month later...

Heads up all of you going to Moonys for hammered, there has been a change of dates, it is now one week earlier, that is the weekend of 19th and 20th of Oct.  If you know someone who does not come here regular and they are going to Moonys can you give them the heads up too. 

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

The Moon is finally going to make it up to my workshop for the ABA NSW  fun day, gotta make sure he doesn't learn any of the secrets, better do a good cleanup and hide all the secrets away.

Also just a bump to keep this up near the front.

Don't forget the dates of get hammered have changed.

Phil

Anyone who is interested in accommodation in Braidwood this year, contact me (Craig Drew) as Ron and myself are going for this option. Getting soft as we age, I don't drink so getting out to Moonies and back into Braidwood isn't an issue for those who want a drink or two. Anyway email me drewy67@gmail.com if interested

I would really love to come and see Moonies workshop, but i will have to ask the parents about the accommodation and the lot, we do have some friends up north though so we might be able to arrange something.

By the way does anyone know of a blacksmith named George Davidson? He lives in Blainey and works on rock-crushing equipment. I met him at the old smithy in Millthorpe at the museum during FROSTFEST. He has also kindly offered to sell me a Peter Wright 150-200lb for $400 + a pair of tongs or two, what do you guys think?

Anyway he was a really friendly bloke, and he told me a bunch about the Richmond blacksmithing TAFE course. BTW Moony do you teach the industrial part of that course, I think I heard him say you did. He really got me looking forward to leaving school!!! Unfortunately due to Parents opinions I won't be leaving until YR 12. Fair enough I guess.

I guess I will have to settle with a 2 day course there or down at the Tharwa valley Forge in Canberra.