I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

Yeh I'm up for it, we'll just have to arrange a date that doesnt clash with anything that the rail museum here has on. Plenty of room for camping, hot shower, flushing toilet, BBQ, running water (yeh I know that Moonies has running water, so long as you want to run and get it). Machinery that starts when you push the button, no gennies diesel batteries etc to worry about and if you get bored there is almost as much junk here as at moonies to look at. (we also have working lathes)

Let me know what we decide.

Phil

Thanks to all involved at Moonys and thanks to Glenn himself for letting us use his workshop and equipment, another excellent weekend. Wow, a chance to build a gas forge and to spend a weekend at Phils, thanks to Phil and Corin for their generous offers. Keep us posted on how these events unfold as I would be very interested in both. Thanks for posting pics Corin, I didnt take any this year

Cheers Ian

Ok , got 2 venues we can use :)

Heres the idea , maybe hold a 2 - 3 day event at Phil's , with Corin runnin' a arvo workshop on buildin' gassers
A date ta be worked out ( i'm busy with demos until Feb anyway ) ( & costings )

But an idea who's interested would be great

PM me or e-mail to let me know so we can get an idea of numbers ( my e-addy can be found on my profie )

Dale Russell

Hows about I send Dale some dates for around Feb and March that I can organise a 2 or 3 day do, I'll have to clear it with the Rail Museum (they are the main lessors of our site, if it clashes with one of their big weekends it may be difficult for blokes or sheilas wanting to get in and out of the site but otherwise no probs ) and we'll go from there. Oh yeh I'm gonna post the ball forging vid on Utube tonight look for something like" ball forging massey hammer blacksmith"

Phil

Jeremy it is easy, but how many balls do you think I have made to get to that level. Jocko no no no no no no no I am not the master blacksmith, that is
Dale it is even stated in this tread earlier, by Nick I think. I'm just an unwashed metal basher. Now I must go and replace the bandaides on my knuckles, they wear out where I drag them on the ground.

Phil

• 2 months later...

G'Day All , talked ta MOONY . We've set a date for this yrs Get HAMMERED .

26 th , 27 th , 28 th Of October 2012

Cost ta be worked out still , but most likely the same as last yr

Bang me a PM or on e-mail if your intrested in comin' please as we'd like ta know numbers

Dale Russell

Woody , MOONY'S is a " youse has ta be there " thing . Just ask the others about the " MAD MOON MAN " & his toys .. :)

Adam , Why book inta town , wouldn't it be easier ta pick up a van in Canberra & be onsite all the time , then the missus will get all the sites / smell's / sounds ( BANG BANG BANG ) ect of Get HAMMERED ... :) ( + u'll be able ta ave'a " few " tinnies with me & not ave ta drive )

Dale Russell