Building coal supplier list.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Va, it's :

Monger Coal & Oil, Inc.

Mailing Address:
600 Mount Hermon Road (Which is US 33 west of town)
Elkton, VA 22827-3028

Local Phone: (540) 298-1256
Toll Free: 1-800-700-6133
Monger Coal & Oil, Inc. Home

I'm not positive but I believe all their coal is from WVA.

the coal I use is the pea / stoker coal / Soft (Bituminous)

it's $7.50 / 40 lb bag and $348.00 / ton right now, but changes

GOOD PEOPLE by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In Western New York roughly halfway between Buffalo and Rochester, 30 miles from the Peace Bridge/ Canadian border just off Rt. 20.

40 Lb. BAGS BLASCHAK "ST. NICHOLAS BRAND" BLACKSMITH COAL.

Geer Farm Services, Inc.
9921 Hickox Rd.
Alexander, N.Y. 14005

email; jsgeer@2ki.net
Phone; (585)547-2235
Fax; (585)547-9354

Hours- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday

Rains Fire Re.-Oregon Coal: John Turkington still sells Cumberland coal from Farrier Supplies LLC in Monroe Or., the price just jumped from 22.50 for a 50lb. bag to 28-29.00 a bag (can't find the receipt now). Not sure why, it was picked up for me, must be the shipping. It is very good coal. There's a farrier supply in Beavercreek that has a poorer quality for 21.00 a bag or so. I may get some and mix it with the Cumberland from John's and see how it works.

Steffey and Findlay

177 South Burhans Boulevard
Hagerstown, MD 21740

301-733-1600

Steffey and Findlay

$10 and change for a 65 lb bag for pocohontas nut coal(you need to ask for this) and about $220 a ton those were the prices last month

Price update. I have always gotten my coal from Steffy & Findlay too. rfb was right on the money for last month, but I went by this evening to pick up a few bags and the price has gone up to $16.40 a bag. Considering the amount I use at this point, that's not the end of the world, but it is more than a 50% increase virtually overnight! Let's hope this doesn't happen too often.:mad:

Dimenickel, You are right i feel gouged but im also desperate for good coal and the order was placed this morning:cool:,. I have the MBA site in my favorites but that website looks inactive so i never bothered with it. I will contact them and see if i can get in on next orders, Buying by the ton seems economical.

Sask Mark, Im going to believe that the difference is because of shipping.You might be a tad closer to thak than me. Do you order from them? Im wondering how good there coal is.

Good to hear il let u guys know when i get it.

I priced it at home hardware i guess, I whent there an asked if they could order it, The next day they called me and sayd they set up an account with thak and it has to be ordered 5 bags minimum. I dont think the prices on the website are updated because it says 30 bucks a bag but at the bottom of the website they made an anouncement that coal prices have risen 50 percent so it sounds about right.

actually ... couple years back before he bought out the biz... i used to buy my coal from the old owners.. it was very good coal.. .. and i enjoyed using it for many years... super easy to make a welding fire.. but now for me its way cheaper to buy propane.. which kills me because propane is a lousy fuel for blacksmithing... .. good for bladesmithing

when i was there the MBA did make an order every once and awhile... and it was the same coal, just cheeper without the middle man taking a nice fat slice...
- from what i remember they have to get a truck load of it...so they wait till enough people get in on it, then make the order..

also......there are several MBA memebers that are from your area NB .. Mr.Peuramaki is out that way... ( very good fellow ) .... it maybe a good idea to join... it would help, as people out there alway have a line on some nice coal..... even forge equipment

good luck

Element, the pricing on thaks site is right, but it's the shipping that is expensive to get it to your home hardware. I payed 30 when I picked it up directly from him. I priced it from our home hardware here, and it was 60 bucks unless I buy more, then its cheaper. I will just pick it up next time I'm up that way again.

• 4 weeks later...

Phoenix Coal
Vinita, Oklahoma
918-256-7873 ask for Charlan to make sure they have some on site.
Hours 0730/1700 m-f

Stoker/low sulfer/bituminous.
$125 a ton picked up at the scales.
They will load with a loader.

I was looking for stoker coal and found this site with a google search. I followed up on Ron's information (thanks Ron!) and phoned them. I registered on here just to give an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Home Hardware in Chase BC. Around $30.00 / 70 pd. bag. Plus shipping from Ont. Cost $1.00ca/pound. It was a special order and can be ordered at any Home Hardware.Took 6weeks to get to BC, but it is the only blacksmithing coal I have found anywhere. Hard to get a clean fire but I am working on it. At least it is the right size and type. Does anyone know where Home Hardware gets their coal?