I Forge Iron

The Diving Peregrino

templehound

This stooping Pilgrim has a 140 mm long, convex ground blade of O7 with a fuller and a ridged back.

Ferrule is copper and I chose Golden Teak for the handle.

The tang is riveted over the falcons belly.

Sheath is reinforced with horn liners. Leather and horn is from water buffalo.Fittings are made from fire finished copper.

The knife has an overall length of 270 mm.

Cheers:ph34r:

DP001,k..jpg

DP002,k..jpg

DP003,k..jpg

DP004,k..jpg

DP007,k..jpg

DP009,k..jpg

DP010,k..jpg

DP012,k..jpg

DP014,k..jpg

DP015,k..jpg

DP016,k..jpg

DP018a,k..jpg

11 hours ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

Do you sell these locally, or do they end up around the world?

My main market is mostly Europe.

I do not have the right credit card, no online banking, no pay pal account to sell around the world.

Actually selling world wide would make me collaps:blink:....got only two hands and one brain:D

Thanks BIGGUNDOCTOR.

11 hours ago, Marc1 said:

Excellent attention to detail ... and that brings me to ask why does the fuller continue inside the handle? 

Thanks Marc1!

BecauseI I dont like a fullers which goes pointy in and out of the blade, looks inharmonious to my eyes...when a fuller comes from the heft(like on some Medieval swords for example)  and tapers with its single tip forwards to the tip  this feels/looks more beautiful to me....i am not really sure if I  explained this properly in English, but maybe You guys know what I mean

I took me quite some time figuring out how to do this.

It could have been done by casting but I never liked casting fittings, dosent matter how high end the piece is, it looks like casting all the time....this looks cheap to my eye.....besides this technique I have never seen in accurate, precise execution, always gaps...to speak frankly.

so I soldered two half round wires in the slot, using some shaped Titanium as a wedge to hold them in place...was difficult.

If the fuller goes behind the heft, it could weaken the tang.So extra attention to the tang is needed.

I prefer on every hidden tang knife a wide tang(with true ferrules,  there is no concern about the Handle material), because this is the point where a knife has to withstand the most leverage on construction. A T-shaped profile above the fuller and controlled selective heat treatment makes sure it will be cared for the good.

:)

F8,k..jpg

Resize of DSC01731.JPG

Resize of DSC02008.JPG

F9,k..jpg

F9b,k..jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Eutrophicated1,  KiltedWonder, Jspool, thanks a lot, guys!

KiltedWonder, You live in Isaan....honestly, up there they make the most tasty food in whole Thailand...see You around!

Jspool, yes I drilled the liners before sewing....I wanted the leather to be stitched not drilled....more beautiful IMHO

Resize of DSC08620.JPG

• 3 weeks later...