I Forge Iron

What are these for

Second one down is a split pin punch, for removing split pins (cotter pins in usa??)

4th one looks like a lathe dead centre that someone has been using as a punch or drift.

And the last one looks to me like a small caulking iron

The "weird" ones we get out here were generally lead packing tools for oldstyle plumbing where you would have cast iron pipes and at the joins you would pack oakum into the joints and then cover it with poured lead.  They look a lot like oddly  bent chisels except they have a flat on the end instead of an edge.

The one with the 90 deg bend on the end looks a lot like a bowl or vase turning tools for a wood lathe.

Check for carbon content and separate into "stock" for blades, drifts/chisels, other.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:51 AM, ThomasPowers said:

The "weird" ones we get out here were generally lead packing tools for oldstyle plumbing where you would have cast iron pipes and at the joins you would pack oakum into the joints and then cover it with poured lead.  They look a lot like oddly  bent chisels except they have a flat on the end instead of an edge

Known as caulking irons in our neck of the globe  (caulking being hammering soft stuff between hard stuff so wet or blowy stuff cannot get in or out) 

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2018 at 12:40 AM, iron woodrow said:

for removing split pins (cotter pins in usa??)

We call them "roll pins", well most of us do.

Packing is a more specialized type of calking and usually signifies lead. Lead packing is often compressed against turning shafts with a "packing gland", a cap or nut with a hole to allow for the shaft. 

I don't think anybody is using lead anymore, there are synthetic packing materials and seals that usually work better and aren't toxic.

Good score for your dollar Dillian, I'm thinking I don't have any better ideas than already stated. Good stock for future projects. I love garage, yard, etc. sales. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 5 months later...

Frosty, cotter pins have the eyelet at one end end, and you spread the legs that stick out the other side. Roll pins are rolled spring steel and straight. If that is for removing cotter pins, they are BIG cotter pins, but I can see how it would be used. We had a couple of tough ones to remove the other day.