I Forge Iron

Thomas Powers offline

ThomasPowers

I'll be heading to NW Arkansas to attend my late Father's Memorial Service and will have spotty internet access for the next week.

I've filled my shop with rabid weasels on crack; so please stop by and feed yourself to them. (And remember all the neighbors are armed and should be considered dangerous!)

Unfortunately due to the family nature of this trip and the limited time I won't be able to visit any friends and acquaintances up there.

As this site will be one curmudgeon down; I expect everyone to play nice and give complete details to questions asked---including *location*. (And nobody to claim their RR spike KSO is as good as one made from a more knife grade alloy!)

Thomas

Back safely; I did get the 13 acres of family land transferred to my name.  Took about 30 minutes and $95: $75 for the abstract company and $20 at the courthouse to record it---all done in real time.  Small town service---we discussed who was related to who while the work was being done.  My mother had asked if she could put a hand forged sculpture I had made for her in the graveyard where we scattered his ashes.  We're starting to get thin above the ground now and the saddest thing is to see all the folks younger than I am holding up stones there.  I paid my respects to great grandfather Ben Cason who was the smith for that part of the Ozarks; died before I could remember him (1960) but it was his land I now own a chunk of.