I Forge Iron

Blast from the Past

Hi guys, just poking my head in to say howdy!  Disappeared on you for a couple years while I stopped my world for grad school.  Submitted my last thesis chapter this week, paper on Martin Luther, so I’m in a slight lull while I wait for a committee of four people to tear the paper apart, tell me exactly how it xxxxx, etc.

Anywho, haven’t picked up a hammer at all while in school, but after I walk across that stage in May I have a “donor tree” project waiting on me for a local non profit.  So hopefully back in the swing of things soon.  Just wanted to say hi, miss your ugly mugs/avatars and miss blacksmithing!

9 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Welcome back and I have to tell you an old joke (I first told in when Jimmy Carter was in the White House. [to my Lutheran Pastor])

What did Martin Luther suggest to people  as a way to try to lose weight?  He held by the Diet of Worms!

Okay, I am sooooo using that joke at my thesis defense!!  Thanks, Thomas.  Ya know, in researching Luther I discovered he had QUITE a sense of humor.  I like his statement that “some people need a fig leaf on their mouths!”  

2 minutes ago, PVF Al said:

Well, It's about time!  Mean ole Al.

Hey, if you had only offered to write my 200-page thesis FOR me, Al, I would have been back at it sooner!  :D  But noooooooooo.  LOL!  Glad to hear from you again!  I will send you an invite just so you can share my good news with the Athens Council!  Assuming I make it through the defense process.  Gulp.  Forging for 8 hours on a 100-degree Alabama summer is going to seem child's play next to a committee of four Phd's asking about Martin Luther's life!  :huh: 

Okay, if you want Martin Luther jokes, here’s my favorite:

A Lutheran dies and is condemned to eternal torment in the infernal regions. While he’s getting the orientation tour (with all the usual suspects: serial killers, genocidal leaders, etc), he is shocked to see, being tortured for all eternity, none other than Martin Luther! Stunned, he runs over and says, “Herr Luther, of all people, what are YOU doing here?!?”

Luther shrugs and says, “It was works after all.” 

Good to see you posting Darlin! You might want to take a hammer when you defend your thesis, they  make marvelous pointers for the thick headed. 

Well if you want a Lutheran joke I could tell you about the annual church pig roast and how Pastor Duane offered to get one of the local Rabbis a plate. That was a Kodak moment, his expression was priceless.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited

2 hours ago, SLAG said:

Whose expression? The Rabbi's or Pastor Duane's.

SLAG.

Yes! Duane was so embarrassed once one of the parishioners pointed out the blunder he looked about to convert to make up for it. The Rabbi looked about to bust a gut to keep from laughing out loud. He let Duane splutter a while before we all broke down laughing and let him off the hook. 

Pastor Duane retired a few years ago and the new one has let things like the pig roast, Halloween costume party and such like stop happening.  I really miss Pastor Duane.  Maybe I should look up the Rabbi?

Frosty The Lucky.