I Forge Iron

The Temple Boxer

templehound

It took me a decade to figure out how I could bring this knife to life.

It should have that ancient, sinister appearance and some slightly bizarre or extreme part or detail we often see on ancient and ethnic weapons around the world.

And in spite of all this, it should at the same time be a reasonable, good using knife.That was difficult to design out of the wrist....it had to evolve out.

I chosed plain materials like  Ceylon ironwood and copper, just the kind of like back then...but with a better steel and heat treatment for the blade which is forged and ground of roller bearings.

The tang is riveted on the butt, forming the center of the flower

Blade is 90 mm long and overall length is 190 mm.

Cheers

Bo1,k..jpg

Bo2,k..jpg

Bo3a,k..jpg

Bo4a,k..jpg

Bo5,k..jpg

Bo5a,k..jpg

Bo6,k..jpg

Bo7,k..jpg

Bo8,k..jpg

Bo9,k..jpg

Beautiful patina on the copper. Really interesting handle and I really like the sheath and latch and flower incorporated in the riveting of the handle.  It's really reminding me of a couple military fighting knives I have. It's hard to explain but somewhat the blade shape handle ribbing. Awesome job it's really cool. 

Thank You very much for the fine comments, Gentlemen! They are much appreciated.

The backdrop is not a Durian, it is the fruit of a screwpine (Pandanus odorifer) which grows wild along the whole shore. Durian would be nice as well but there is no wild growing Durian tree I know, means I had to buy them and they are, even in Thailand, quite expensive .... and I would have been tempted to pinch on it a bit because I like them a lot:D

Bo6a,k..jpg

Bo99,k..jpg

Bo98,k..jpg

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, templehound said:

It should have that ancient, sinister appearance and some slightly bizarre or extreme part or detail we often see on ancient and ethnic weapons around the world.

I think you nailed it.  This knife looks like something Arnold might have swiped off the alien in the movie "Predator".  Much creative and original thought you put into this.