I Forge Iron

Show me your Hardies.. Cold, hot, cutoff..

On 10/3/2019 at 5:45 AM, jlpservicesinc said:

Lonny75  nice job.  that must have been a lot of hammer work.  

Thank you. Yes it was, probably worked a lot harder and burned more gas than I should. Guess a self taught education costs you in sweat and money. Seen your videos and subscribed. Take care and thanks again.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:33 AM, pnut said:

A little quality time with a grinder and you will have a hot cut.

True, just wanted to see what I could do with a hammer and chisel and how the metal moves. Will be firing up the grinder the next go around. Take care

On 10/3/2019 at 3:38 PM, JHCC said:

Not happy with the leafing stake on the left, but I plan to reforge it to match the one Aislinn Lewis and Mark Sperry were using at Quad-State. 

And done:

41BCE6BC-5219-45F6-A111-CBA2FB7690F6.jpeg

Mark has recommended that I round the edges a bit more, but otherwise both he and Aislinn have given their vote of approval.

• 5 months later...

Thats kind of you to say.. :)  I was just going over the list of things I have made in the last year..  I can only think of 3 things I have made that I have not filed.. :) 

Forge clean, files fast to finish.. :) 

Forged harshly, files slowly to finish. :( 

the work you produce inspires..  There are some pretty good newer smiths I find inspiration from.. Really helps me to up my game. 

BillyBones last Heart hook was one such item.  anyhooo, there are a bunch of you guys.. :)

• 7 months later...