I Forge Iron

Sad day for me

Today I found out my Mentor Jim Beck passed away. Not only was he my mentor he was a good friend, when I started forging steel he bent over backwards to help me out. I met him at the County Fair where he took my name and number. When the next club meeting came around he picked me up and made sure I had a good time. That's all it took for me with in a month I had my anvil, forge, vise,and hand tools. Jim showed me the basics and the rest is history. Rest in Peace Jim.

It's hard news Bad Creek it always is. Good friends live on long after they're laid to rest. Throw him a wake at the next club meeting? Music, rounds of toasts, good stories, funny ones, invent a few, tell lies, share memories, make new ones. Nothing like a good loud rowdy wake to keep a fellow's memory alive! I'm not going so far as to say police involvement, jail time and divorces should occur . . . but?

Frosty The Lucky.

9 hours ago, Bad Creek Blacksmith said:

Today I found out my Mentor Jim Beck passed away. Not only was he my mentor he was a good friend, when I started forging steel he bent over backwards to help me out. I met him at the County Fair where he took my name and number. When the next club meeting came around he picked me up and made sure I had a good time. That's all it took for me with in a month I had my anvil, forge, vise,and hand tools. Jim showed me the basics and the rest is history. Rest in Peace Jim.

Thank you for sharing, Jim sounds like he was "good people" few and far between these days.