I Forge Iron

Help me ID this anvil and how i can restore it?

the anvil has lost most of the hard plate from the table, below it is softer wrought iron, it will be difficult to restore but you can use the bick / horn and the hardy hole and pritchel.

make a hardy tool from a block of hard steel with a square peg welded on to fit the hardy hole and that can be your new flat and hard table.

I would use a piece of fork lift fork and drill about 25% of the way through it with a large drill and set the peg in there then weld it and grind it flush

Well that anvil is missing a lot of it's hardened face.  I would suggest a massive application of the Robb Gunther method of anvil repair which here in the USA would probably cost more than what I would pay for such an anvil.

It is an older style where the face was welded up from separate pieces of high carbon steel one of which is missing, one of which is partially missing and worn very thin and the rest almost worn out too.

The weight stamp is most likely in CWT so pounds = leftmost number x 112 + middle number x 28 (and can only be 0-3 as it is quarter CWT) + residual pounds (and can only be 0-27)

The dots between the weight stamps and general configuration makes me agree. However as there have been several hundred anvil manufacturers in the UK over the last couple of centuries and many of them learned to make anvils by working in a factory already making anvils their anvils tend to look a lot like the ones they learned on...

Frank: All you're going to get demanding anything at a welding shop is shown the door. Think about it a little. YOU  don't know what to do but you're going to DEMAND professionals do it your way? 

Just buy a new anvil, all you're going to do is ruin that one and it's in FINE shape. You are entirely too new to the craft to know what you need and believe me what you want is something else entirely. Bragging rights don't count in a real shop. And some sort of trophy brag anvil looking object is what you'll make of that one.

Frosty The Lucky.

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Frank: All you're going to get demanding anything at a welding shop is shown the door. Think about it a little. YOU  don't know what to do but you're going to DEMAND professionals do it your way? 

I totally agree, but lets keep in mind, before we get to hard on him, that there is a bit of a language barrier here. he said he don't talk our lingo to good, so it is likely that by "demand" he meant "request". Is that right, Frank? 

32 minutes ago, Tubalcain2 said:

I totally agree, but lets keep in mind, before we get to hard on him, that there is a bit of a language barrier here. he said he don't talk our lingo to good, so it is likely that by "demand" he meant "request". Is that right, Frank? 

Yes, "demander" is French for "to ask".