jlpservicesinc

Portable Blacksmith shop

54 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Abby Babby said:

Holy Hammers that is an incredible build! And you did this all on your own? Amazing. Man, I wished I knew you back then. I'd of packed up the dogs and Sandra and we'd come up to help. Sandra would probably tell me to go play nice, work hard, have fun and I'll see you when you get back. She's more of a planter garden person. When I was a Marine I knew I'd been home to long when she'd ask me "Isn't there a war or somewhere you need to go do your snipper stuff, maybe go on a Med float so you can bring home some rugs from Morocco,  something" 

That anvil stand is genius engineering,  I don't think I would have thought of that.

When I grow up I want to be as talented as you.

Regards 

Thanks Abby Babby,  That would have been great.. :)..    After working  in trailers for many years I really wanted to fix all the the problems I had experienced.. #1 was smoke, soot and cinder control (why all the awnings and vented roof with a real stack) 2, floor bounce ( my knees used to get really sore working in the other trailers) and the anvil bouncing just took 5-10X longer to make anything..3,  a solidly mounted vise, 4  a work bench.. All of these little fixes have made this trailer amazing to work in.. I still get some bounce in the anvil stand even with it solidly on the ground,(because of the length and taper) but will be remaking it this year as I have the new anvil so will need a stand that fits it..   I would love to find a rectangular thick wall tube 10X13X40" is what I need.. 11X13" would be perfect.. but a really wacky size.. 

Well, I kind of decided I want it 4more feet longer..  When I built it, because of time I really just wanted it to be done..  The amount of time to build it was astronomical.. Anyhow, the 4 ft longer will allow for a little storage, room for the foot hammer and a little more room around the vise.. 

By the way all the videos have been shot in the trailer.. :)     I'm getting more serious about getting the new shop up put a deposit on a steel building 6 years ago.. LOL.. and finally getting everything in order..   Will be a 40X60 with 4 work stations for teaching.. :) 

All ready have 2 demo's booked...  Hoping to get a few more.  Thanks again.. 

20170403_132037.jpg

Wow! My fragile little mind has officially been blown. I'm so jealous! Not only is the trailer setup so awesome, it's also bigger than my tiny smithy! Great job!

This is such a cool trailer. I have been working my way through your videos and would never have guessed it was in the trailer seems so stable.

Deposit 6 years ago! Great googly moogly, I hope you get the price from 6 years ago. I looked for that tubing you spoke of, I think you may need to weld that up out of plate. You can't see me but I am worshipping to the North saying "I'm not Worthy, I'm not Worthy" That is a beautiful Anvil. 

Thats amazing to think all the production you can get out of that space. Now with that new anvil you can hammer two handed, one on each anvil.

I think I may do a mobile shop.