I Forge Iron

what the heck ?

8 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

That's OK; down thisaway people use old tractors for yard art...

Up here it's FIELD ART it's displayed right where it stopped in the field and they left it till they needed it again in a yr. or 20.  You stop and ask about it boy is it valuable.   

Randy, Maybe I shouldn't go to North Dakota.......That would give me nightmares for sure...lol

32 minutes ago, Randy Bill said:

Dave, I heard in North Dakota they're now using row-crop tractors for front weights.

Randy

27 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Which is worse?  Well an anvil won't degrade much with time sitting in a garden compared to anything with an engine...

Yeah, and having it bolted to a tractor keeps it off the ground so it won't pit as quickly.

Frosty The Lucky.

8 hours ago, Dave51B said:

I would post the pic, but I can't seem to get it separated from the add......Now Thomas, you have me wondering which is worse. A tractor or an anvil as yard art?               Dave

You could take a screenshot and crop it down to the picture. :) 

Unstyled A (or B?)

I thought it an oddity the local anvil dealer has this solid cast steel anvil like 60-70 pounds that had no hardie hole. I say's, what up with that. He replied that it is a peter Wright.  

Ah.........ummmm......no..........

350.00 out the door. .

Kidding me!!??

It aint no PW bro.  It did ring like a bell but not super rebound. He was begging me to give 300 for it.

3 minutes ago, SReynolds said:

Unstyled A (or B?)

SReynolds,       Definitely an A. The steering shaft is almost parallel to the hood. Also a late 37' or 38' due to the shutter rod on the side of the hood. Early Unstyleds had radiator curtains......           Dave

the anvil looks to be in pretty good shape in the picture. darn them! id be the one to buy the  tractor, keep the anvil and just sell the tractor, but that would probably be more work than its worth.

Littleblacksmith