I Forge Iron

Spanky Smith

Frosty

Spanky Smith, glad to hear you are on the other side of the procedure. Mrs Taylor and I continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. In the last two years, Sheila has had both carotid arteries done and her left shoulder replaced. She is doing very well now. May your recovery be swift.

Robert and Sheila Taylor

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one Thomas!  You guys are giving me "best medicine," a good laugh....though actually it hurts to laugh, so knock it off!  

:)

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Take it easy maybe sip a brew if it won't leak out your neck. 

Ewwww, I need brain bleach for that one! I just came up with a visual I'm going to spare all of you. <shudder>

Frosty The Lucky.

Ewwww, Frosty, now I'm gonna have to drink things with a mirror in my hand to make sure I'm not leaking!  Thanks!!

Presume you are doing a little better?  I've found 2nd & 3rd days have been the hump days in  my operations usually the anesthesia has gotten out of the system and you start feeling like yourself. 

Your scare,  have some stitches tattooed on it and tell people you played in the Munster movie. 

Have a great day     Dale 

I'm glad that you're recovering and have kept your sense of humor!

BTW. If folk ask say "I wanted a face lift, but I found out the hard way that e-bay wasn't really the right place to shop for a deal"

A bit better each day.  Swallowing is still a chore and I understand will be for a while, probably part of why I lost 11 pounds in 4 days (either that or, as Frosty suggested, it is all leaking out).  I'm thinking of writing a new bestseller: "ACDF Surgery: The Key to a Skinnier You."    Not really a weight loss plan I'd recommend, though.  

Each day I notice things are just a tiny bit easier.  Today is killing me because it's absolutely gorgeous outside and I'm sitting on my back patio within inches of the anvil I know better than to even touch yet but would sure LOVE to be using on such a pretty day.   Sigh... Gotta take it slow, I know.  

Really, really do appreciate all the warm wishes and prayers.  Sincerely.

A coworker suggested I use this line for the scar:. "THIS is why I don't forge swords anymore!"  Ha, I like it!  I have seen some nifty tattoos online of a zipper tattooed around a scar, too, but at 54 I'm a bit old for that look.  

Oh forget a zipper tatoo, been done too passe what you need is a zipper choker. Something flesh tone around most of your neck with a nice shiny zipper in front and a hand forged pull with gemstone. The liner under the zipper would HAVE to be bright red to freak out anyone who asked if it was a real zipper.

You DO wear jewelry don't you? Heck even I have jewelry, not much but I have some I wear now and then. Dad's fire opal pinky ring is one of my favorites.

Frosty The Lucky.

26 minutes ago, notownkid said:

Frosty Jewelry!  You just shattered my image of you, in the wilds of Alaska not wearing Grizzly Teeth necklace, My Lord. what is this world coming to. 

Think we need to forge and send him a grizzly tooth so he can regain his manhood :)