I Forge Iron

Other uses for a Frosty Tee

GottMitUns

Thanks Frosty!

I had a tool that didn't want to come apart at a 2-7/8 NUE thread (2-1/2" tapered pipe thread)  I had a fork lift pulling on a 36" pipe wrench yesterday with no effect other than to flex the vice its in.  I rigged up a 1" Tee burner this morning and fired it up for 5 Minutes, then broke the connection with a 36 by hand with very little effort.  Normally we would have used a rose bud on a oxy/Acc torch but this was a lot easier to deal with.  The shop guys say I cant have my burner back:D

I rolled the tool a 1/4 turn about every minute and it got to dull red in about 5 minutes.

IMG_1858.thumb.JPG.790741f92a6e9e9833f73

IMG_1856.thumb.JPG.13062eef8c85ca2a8498d

IMG_1855.thumb.JPG.2e9aaf4c2b1bc7990355a

IMG_1857.MOV

Thanks guys.

Russell

Jacob: You'll do MUCH better using a commercial burner in your turkey frier, honestly they have the design dialed in.

Using naturally aspirated burners as open air torches is the best reason to put a flare on the end. Ron Reil spent quite a bit of time working the flare out for just that reason.

Frosty The Lucky.

thanks Frosty, i will probably just keep using normal turkey fryer. It slow but still does what I need.

I was thinking and collecting parts for using t-burner with a large metal funnel like a flare/flame containment w/hles drilled around top edge. then put little grill on top to hold my boiling kettle. I can't help but wonder how fast my 7gallon kettle would reach boiling point. oh well, i'll just keep it as a thought, I've probably overlooked something critical anyhow.

Would Ballast Point - Jabañero Sculpin IPA count as Cajun, even if it is from here in San Diego, CA.  It is so hot that you need a beer in the other hand just to cool you down, although ice cream would probably work too.  What Ice cream flavor goes good with beer though?

In the days before designer dairy ice cream, a local bacon, sausage and pork pie factory owner came up with a way of turning pig fat into a white frozen confection. He managed to popularise it by sending out lads on pedal tricycles with a cold box between the front wheels. Emblazoned across the front of the box was "Stop me and buy one!" His other bright marketing idea was to offer every petrol station and newsagent a free stocked freezer full of the stuff. No outlay just share the profits…brilliant marketing. Walls ice cream was the only thing on general sale over here throughout the fifties and seventies. Mr. Whippy vans appeared in the late sixties.

Alan

Would Ballast Point - Jabañero Sculpin IPA count as Cajun, even if it is from here in San Diego, CA.  It is so hot that you need a beer in the other hand just to cool you down, although ice cream would probably work too.  What Ice cream flavor goes good with beer though?

Salted peanut? 

GotMitUns

I am just south of austin. 

1.25 pipe interesting will have to look into that. I have some AL i need to make molten. 

WAY too much unless you're melting BIG batches. An old friend used a 1 1/4" NA propane burner to do 40lb.+ iron melts.

Frosty The Lucky.