I Forge Iron

Indiana road trip

You wanna give me a guess when ya plan to get into the area, if timing is good we can pop in at marks shop on the way? I not only have a good supply of anti-tele-tubbie,  but my Wife has a lovely bottle of pyment <grape and mead> she will share if he needs it

Glad to see some of you will make it to Tipton. I won't be able to make it this year, my antique tractor club show is this weekend in Hendricks Co. But several guys from my blacksmith group (RSMA) will be there. Enjoy.........  Dave

I will be at the IBA conference.  I get to open the conference doing the Friday Night demo. "What to make out of a Farrier's Rasp: other than an Asp..."  got to finish prepping for the demo this evening...

As I wait for the tribe to get their collective butt's in gear for the return trip I want to Thank Steve for the rescue, Tho I apretiate MTForge's offer I opted to  visit with Steve as I have been wanting a copy if his book, and just hadn't  gotten my act together. Besides, as one of IFI's noted "personalities" who could resist?! Good company, coal smoke, hot steel and food, who could ask for more!

Arg!! Forgot to hit send again!!

Hard to believe good. It was mid 70's here when we left, 86 in Glennallen when we turned onto the Richardson Hwy. and 76 in Valdez when we rolled into town. Drizzled, misted, rained Sunday, what we call "getting Valdezed on" but Monday was once again clear, sunny and beautiful for the drive home. Valdez is the southern terminus for the pipeline and sits on a BIG fjord under ice fields larger than half the states in the US. It's normally a rain forest climate so clear and sunny is a treat all round.

This is a video through part of Keystone Canyon on the drive home Monday. Darn, that should just be a link not imbedded. Oh well.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 months later...

I was going to post a pic or video of moose on roofs but didn't find one worth attaching. It happens a few times a winter if it's very snowy. Snow slides off the roof and makes a handy pile so moose can climb up and reach uneaten buds on the trees.

It's a 30'x40' shop and the tree got me not long after this was taken so it's still unfinished.

Room, you certainly don't think this itty bitty shop means I have plenty of room do you? It was getting crowded before I got the roof buttoned up.

About that wind vane, it turns away from the wind and quit working at all.

Frosty The Lucky.