I Forge Iron

Help with steel id?

Charles, but this topic IS in the bladesmithing section and it IS in the heat treating section and NOT in the ''general blacksmithing'' section.
Everything is where it supposed to be. I can't see the problem?

Best, Vito

​I did state that was relocating it in my first post,  because you did not seem to notice we have a separate section for thin sections of steel, or even why thin sections are any different, you did post it in general.   

It is no problem that you didnt remember where you posted this,  or that you did not read my post, except I am attempting to keep subjects together to make it easier for the people that are looking for answers, to find them by subject. and I tried to let you know I did and why.  It is much like in a physical library,  you go to the correct shelf and you can quickly find things, if every one drops all the books in one pile in center of the floor, or what ever shelf is close by, then it takes forever to locate anything.

If you are trying to make blades from this, why not look at the blade making section about this.  hard to find information when you dont look.  I will relocate this to the proper location.

​Steve...afterall...isn't this  a forum called ''Heat treating knives, blades, etc.''?This discussion is in its proper location already. I'm not interested HOW to make a knife. I'm interested in identification and therefore heat treatment of this particular steel...
What seems to be the problem?

Best, Vito

Charles, but this topic IS in the bladesmithing section and it IS in the heat treating section and NOT in the ''general blacksmithing'' section.
Everything is where it supposed to be. I can't see the problem?

Best, Vito

Edited by Steve Sells

Vito: I retract my previous comments. I misunderstood what you were saying and I know you're either translating to English personally or using a translation program. NO excuse, my bad. I'll read more carefully.

Frosty The Lucky.

Steve, some of us appreciate the 'midnight elf' effort, so much you are going to be getting a T-shirt soon

​Good idea Ian! I WONDER where we could get a, "Steve the midnight Elf", T shirt? Hmmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

That's a point Ian. How about if we obligate him to keep and care for the T shirt instead of giving it to him? . . . Uh. . .Hmmm . . . I GOT it! A badge, it's a badge of office to identify him, NOT a gift. That way he's still on the hook to keep us from making too big a mess of IFI.

How about color? We should come up with an appropriate color for Steve the Midnight Elf's badge of office T shirt. Don't you think?

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

Hey hold on a minute, if you give an elf clothing you relieve him of his obligations and he stops(what are you guys thinking) Sorry Steve No T-shirt!

That's only house elves. The tinker elves like the ones who helped that cobbler in that story from days of old... are a different breed. Steve's waaay too surly to be a house elf.:D