I Forge Iron

Introduction to Knifemaking

This project started as a request for a rewrite of the knife chat series from 2009 through 2013.  The result is "Introduction to Knifemaking"  A 6 x 9 inch format soft bound book, with 212 pages and over 100 black and white illustrations and photo's.  The list price for this book is $29.99 plus $9.90 shipping/handling to the US. That is a total of $39.89 for the soft cover

A portion of the price goes to fund the Iforgeiron website.

This second edition includes a partial rewrite of a few lines that were vague, and corrected some typos. Also hard cover is available for a cost of $47.99 plus shipping for a total of $57.89.  Introduction to knifemaking covers topics from the online knife making chat including information to help you understand what steels alloys additions do, guides you on hand hammering your own blade to grinding and understanding what happens during heat treatment, It also covers sheath making and pattern welded damascus, it even covers what makes the colors pop, Also a section on flux types, liability and first aid for the shop

The paypal account is slsells AT fenrisforge DOT com  ( you should know what to replace here )

Non US Postage as of Dec 2018

Priority post has been taking 3 business days to deliver, and has tracking.  First Class has neither tracking or speed, but in some cases can save money, in other cases, not so much.

South Africa -- US postage fee last I checked was 62.50 for a flat rate priority.

Canada , Great Britain, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands. Spain, Switzerland and Australia --- Contact Lulu press  in your country for their pricing,  Much better than having to pay $60 US for post.

Australia for example is $42.73 soft cover plus 7.99 ground shipping to NSW  when you  buy direct from publisher

cover.jpg

• 1 year later...

Third printing is now ready to send out.  I never expected this response, I am flattered.  I want to thank every one that has purchased these already,  IforgeIron is getting a percentage from every book sold, meaning every one purchasing through this forum is also helping to keep the forum onllne. While the publisher and Amazon are both selling this book through their respective outlets, as well as at least 2 (that I know of) other stores, the best pricing for everyone is through the IFI website.

Notice postage costs for non-US orders has more than doubled since last year, I am sorry but its the post office, not me that caused this increase.

thank you again.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Maybe you should have church ladies turn the pages a few times so the "new" books will then be "used" and you can get the higher price. (grin) Maybe even offer them a percentage of the difference donated to the church.

• 1 year later...

The book is available and ready to ship in time for Christmas.  

"Introduction to Knifemaking"  A 6 x 9 inch format soft bound book, with 212 pages and over 100 black and white illustrations and photo's.

IFI gets $10 for each copy sold through IFI

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I've seen it before.  The principle is a seller offers a product he doesn't actually have based on marking up the selling price he found elsewhere.  If you order from him then he buys it and resells it to you.  When two or more of these people use each other (and automated price setting software) in the same manner the result is a never-ending loop of price markup.

On 7/6/2016 at 6:22 PM, Glenn said:

Maybe you should have church ladies turn the pages a few times so the "new" books will then be "used" and you can get the higher price. (grin) Maybe even offer them a percentage of the difference donated to the church.

Talk about divine intervention! :o

On 1/12/2018 at 1:45 PM, Buzzkill said:

At the link Steve gave above, the book is now over $1500!  What's the profit margin on that?  :)

zero?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

Steve is sertainly warmer and fuzzier in person, tho his claws may be there and his fangs retracted, he is still the same lovable grump we all know from the pages of IFI

Of corse I could sell my first addition, fly back to Indiana, take Steve and his wife to dinner, buy 10 copies and still turn a profit at that price...

• 3 weeks later...

The book came in yesterday and my wife is delighted with it. She was especially surprised by the inscription "For Debbie Steve". Anyone thinking about knife-making and experienced bladesmith's  should have this book in their library a lot of excellent information in it.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...