I Forge Iron

Tool Rack - plans in this thread

Adam9

Nice rack Adam, I LIKE it! I'm thinking a little rim around the top to keep roly, round things from rolling off might be good. The pic looks like it's vertical on the back side so it'll stand flush with the wall or a bench. Yes?

All in all well done, a good tool.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

It is vertical on the back. I don't know if anyone noticed but below the hammer racks, there is a slot all the way across the front

for 1" hardy tools. It's an excellent design and very adaptable.

I can't take credit for the design, the customer brought in the drawings. I think the guys name was Ron Nichols who designed it.
I don't want to put up any plans because i don't know if the customer bought them..etc. I will say that the hammer racks are tilted

at a 28 degree angle.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
post-15926-0-25385500-1421703737_thumb.j

Adam 9, thanks for the nice compliments about the tool cart. My plans for the cart were in the AACB (Appalachian Area Chapter of Blacksmiths) newsletter several months back. You are welcome to pass along the plans, and I would love to see if anyone recommends any improvements to the cart. It is actually covered on the ends and top with 14-gauge sheet steel, and there is also a divider down the middle separating the shelves from the hammer racks. On top, I keep a regular toolbox with drawers holding chisels and specialty tools. I'm hoping I've attached a picture of mine - maybe it will help some folks. I will also try to post the plans as well.

Slowpoke (Ron)

post-15926-0-60738500-1421705297_thumb.j

post-15926-0-19788900-1421705335_thumb.j

post-15926-0-77028500-1421705378_thumb.j

weld a basketball hoop on for tongs. I find them at the scrapyard on a regular basis. I also use a lot of garden racks to hold my files and rasps as I use golf balls for the handles and they fit on a rake head very nicely. For ones that move a lot I sometimes heat the rake tines and curl them up a bit more.