I Forge Iron

Show me your Lathe

Glenn

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a good one.  Burt Lancaster is one of my favorite old timey actors.  He was good in "The Train" too.

12 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

I watched "Theater of Blood"  just because it has Diana Rigg in it!

I liked her as host of Masterpiece Mystery.  And Emma Peele.

Pnut, I fell asleep before it started....  Getting old!

Someday I will have to post a picture of my metal lathe on here.  Its disassembled though right now.  :)

The Blob gave me nightmares, most monster movies gave me nightmares so we didn't watch them at home. "Them" was good I can deal with giant critters and Ants aren't too bright. "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms" was good if you like giant mutant monsters stomping on cities and IIRC having flame thrower breath. 

I used to not watch: Thriller and Chiller though a friend links movies to me. They don't me nightmares anymore. The Twilight Zone was okay but I didn't watch regularly. 

The sad thing is they haven't really gotten much better. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Outer Limits too, Night Gallery was good and being a sci fi buff, Ray Bradbury Theater was good, the radio show was WAY better than the TV production. For the price of a low budget zippo special effects TV show they could hire a number of readers and good sound effects for the radio production. 

I've always thought Bradbury was better reading or listening, he painted some vivid imagery which was WAY better in my mind's eye. Not one movie or TV production lived up to expectations, some stunk. Dune was another one that didn't make good watching. I was bummed Frank Herbert type cast himself by Dune's success, he just kept cranking out spinoffs. 

Not many authors can withstand success, it's too easy to get stuck on a theme or subject and run out of things to say. It's like wining the lottery, not many folk don't ruin themselves winning a few million or more recently a few HUNDRED million. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...