I Forge Iron

large steel lever crowlawer for movement of machines with wheels homemade

For making the 'jimmy' use a jackhammer bit and add a thick wall tone for leverage.

If you add your general location as has been asked of you, just town and country (we don't need your exact address) guys will be able to be more specific with advice ie. Metric and/or imperial etc.

You can buy commercial versions of both drawings. Not that a blacksmith might rather make a tool than buy one of course. <wink>

Dad used a pinch bar to move equipment and machinery around his shop. Just slip the tip under an edge, pry up and move the handle sideways. The machine rotates an inch or so with surprisingly little effort. I bugged his so Dad showed me how then I was his machine mover. Serves a kid right I guess eh? Two guys with pinch bars can move 10-12 tons surprisingly quickly and very precisely.

Frosty The Lucky

Greetings Angiolino,

I have had my commercial built machinery mover just like your picture for years..  I purchased mine at a sale and it has done a lot of work over the years. I use a set of aluminum rollers and the lifter all the time ... It is well worth the expense to purchase a ready made one.. They retain there value and are easly sold when you finish your projects..  Not that I would ever sell mine..  Good luck and please complete your profile so we can see where you live..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

I have to move the heavy machinery in my workshop lathes drills weight from 1.5 ton to 4 ton commercion not find almost anything I have a hoist and a jack under binda farm machinery takes me round the rollers o tubi pipe  what do you think regarding the lever as the build material with which I think 2 meters long is enough what you say based on your personal experience

Safety. A horseshoer friend years ago was moving his 50# Little Giant on pipe rollers and came to a dip in the shop floor. The hammer fell on him and he lay there hollering for his wife who was up at the house. She finally heard and got help, but he didn't shoe horses after that incident.

Saying and Cornpone

"That'd be cheap at half the price."

The real expression is "That'd be cheap at twice the price," but my father would purposely say it the other way to see if anybody caught on. He could be perverse.

Angiolino-

Like Jim I have have a commercially built mover like you show in your picture.  We've called it the "jo bar" since way back.  I use it often and couldn't be without it.....

For what I bought it for used off CraigsList, I couldn't begin to make it myself with the materials and time involved.

If i read the situation correctly, Angiolino. You cant find a source in your part of the world. Again knowing where that is would be helpful. Never know we might just have your local distributor as a member.
One would think that 25-35mm bar for the axle, with matching bearings for wheels, a 50mm heavy wall handle 2m long, possibly tapered (weld in a piece that fits inside) so the handle end is closer to 35-40mm to fit your hands better. You cam make multi steps if your hands are small. Handle length is dependent on your weight. Im over 1.8m and 90kg. If your'e 1.5m and 50kg your going to need a smaller diameter (at your end) longer handle. Don't set the foot angle to steep as you need to be able to comfortably reach the end of handle to apply your weight. A short cross bar is also helpful some times.
A 100mm foot, a 2m handle and a 150kg operator equals 3000kg. As your only lifting one end at a time, and your foot isn't going to be that long, or you so light, you should be good.

thanks for the precious treasure words will lighthouse anyway if someone could attach photos and movies of the drawings because when I translate from English to Italian understand correctly, a photo or a drawing worth more than a thousand words thanks for your patience and for your valuable time and your timely testimonies to the next hopefully soon

Here's one that I have, I also have another one with two wheels per side for more weight capability, but is more cumbersome to use.

The wheels are cast iron, I've seen others that use large ball bearings for the wheels as well.

This one has a 1.75" thick oak plank tapered to the handle which is 5' long, and the metal lip is 6" wide.

This thing is incredibly handy when working with heavy equipment and machines, I wouldn't be without one.

post-25745-0-83858400-1401294837_thumb.j

post-25745-0-83668900-1401294845_thumb.j

post-25745-0-82380100-1401294860_thumb.j

thank you for your intervention and your precious words lighthouse treasure of your experiences

commercially sell roller skates what do you think?

used hoists for lifting special homemade or other types of dellebinde jack or forklift sorry if I insist but any witness or experience may be useful to me I have to move a lathe 4 meters long heavy 3000kg and other machine I have is a few tools and some do not I will have to buy potendoli build them myself thanks to the infinite patience and your valuable time

Angelino: Sorry if we seem insistent but the translation program is leaving us with some hard to understand statements. The rollling A frames can be made strong enough to work but most of the pictures you posted are on the too weak side. The weakest component of the structure is the horizontal beam and in most heavy lifters is either a deep I beam or space frame. Having it o caster wheels usually makes having the hoist on a trolly unnecessary or in some cases dangerous.

Moving the machinery with rollers, pinch bars or Jo bars can depend on what the base of the machinery is made from. I have a lathe that is on a sheet metal cabinet for a stand, it's strong enough as it stands but trying to move it with bars or rollers will only damage the base. I have to use furniture dollies and an engine hoist to move it.

If your machinery has a cast iron base then bars and rollers won't damage it. If your floor is concrete and clean and you can lift the machinery onto a steel plate you can move it easily on rollers.

Frosty The Lucky.

lathes are 2 one is 2.5 meters long and weighs 2 tons and is all cast iron and the other is 4.5 meters long is a unique fusion of cast iron bench is that the tank that the uprights of the base weight from 3 to 4 tons, I have a simple crane mobile crane classic 60 years old with manual winch and pulley made ​​of beams ua gooseneck you imagine a binda 6 tons and a lot of good will and a lot of elbow grease, if the Egyptians built the pyramids I hope no machinery to move and place these machines as soon as possible in the other thread that's why I wanted to build the gantry crane for use as a crane anyway thanks for your precious words and advice I treasure the next beacon please send illustrative photos thanks