I Forge Iron

Smith and Forge Hard Cider TV commercial

I tried some at the bar the other day.  Very very bitter-ish, guaranteed to pucker your cheeks!  It was like biting into a green apple, only with the green apple on steroids.

It would be good as a mixer, or watered down to make something lemonade-y.  But as a straight drink?  No.  

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to try some and like it. If your a beer guy, that likes a hoppy beer its probably not for you. I prefer wheat beers myself, and like hard ciders even more. Woodchucks Amber had been my recent preference, but Smith and Forge is better IMO.

I saw the commercial, might pick up a bottle of the cider but I didn't see any blacksmithing content. Am I missing something?

Frosty The Lucky.

Yea, in was in a can!!!!! :D

Ian

Yea, in was in a can!!!!! :D

Ian

Is that like asking the guy at the counter if he has Prince Albert in the can? "Let him out, I gotta go!" Yeah yeah, it's a joke from my kid-hood and wasn't funny then either, evidently it was old when my Father was a kid.

Frosty The Lucky.

John McPherson  :o  WOW!

My Swage Block that is about that same size weighs 172 pounds.

No telling how much that anvil weighs  :unsure:  - Must be 1,000,0000,000,00 pounds (or so) at least!

I am speeeeeechless to see how powerful you must be!

I want to drink what ever you drink!  :)

Maybe I could get to forging again!

I would bet your arm could catch on fire just like the guy in the commercial

and it would not bother you either!

Thanks for the awesome photo!

I got to go get my wife to come and look or she won't believe me!  :D

There was a guy at the last ABANA meet in Rapid City with sheet metal anvils and swage blocks, so I could not resist.

On the other hand, I have picked up and walked uphill 50 yards with a 250 lb Columbian anvil in a bearhug, and I can pick up and move my 150 Kg Euroanvil from the stand to a table. Not bad for a desk-bound old relic born under a flag with 48 stars.