I Forge Iron

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Some pictures of hauling it home last week, 3/4"id air hose and 3/4x10 hilti brand wedge anchors, I'll eventually run a 3/4 or 1" hard air line so I can have the proper drops/drains. Should finally be setting it in place Monday morning, heavy rain for a few days here kept the forklift truck for being able to get to my shop.

20131028_095553_zps14bf5295.jpg

20131028_095553-1-1_zps7dbaaa4a.jpg

20131101_195611_zpsc757f641.jpg

20131102_191653_zpsf0ac850b.jpg

I wish you a lot of fun Daniel  ;)

This is imho the most interesting pic, with the safety chain across the one under tension

20131105_135415_zpsf0f91509.jpg

It also shows the reminder on the wall above your baby seems to work, I may try it... 'think safety, work safely'  :P

This is imho the most interesting pic, with the safety chain across the one under tension

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. You've obviously worked with moving heavy things in the past, or have someone with experience helping you.

Wonderful bit of rigging.  You can't be too safe with stuff that's under tension.  I had a cloth strap break and fly back to smack me in the face.  The hook slowed it down dramatically, but it still hurt when it popped me.  The truly bad thing was there was no sign of it giving.  We were trying to move something that was well within the weight range of the strap, and the strap was as close to new as you could reasonably ask.  Next think you know, the strap gave way about two feet from the hook and the whole end piece comes back to have a chat with me.

Love the color scheme on that hammer.  

Forging a little bigger bar just for show, watch it in HD if you can. The camera(my phone) is just sitting on some wood propped up on the hammer frame, Id say this thing is pretty stable.

1.25" round at 125psi, Changing the psi on the hammer is not inconvenient and you really don't even have to, its just fun and gives you more options.