I Forge Iron

Making a Fleur De Lis

Just a little off the top Frosty. Well some from the sides too. I've never cared for the Joe Dirt mullet look :)

Some looks should never have been a thing to begin with, let alone come back into style.....

But then again. We could make you an offer you can't refuse.....

Or there's always Tommy two toes way....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I never had a mullet. Bi-level yes but not a mullet. For the first time in my whole life I picked a style before it became popular. Seriously I saw a gal with raven black hair to her waist and when I got close enough saw it was buzzed almost clean on most of her head.

That Monday after work I went to my stylist Tanya told her what I wanted and she gave me a few books to look through and talked. I picked a bi-level. Said so right in the book, black and white. Permed for body and I was STYLIN. :)

Less than a year and they were everywhere being called mullets. <sigh>

I just buzz my head now. Style. pffft.<_<

Frosty The Lucky.

Hello all,

Made this one earlier this year for a friend of my wife. 

It is made out of: 

1 - 1/4 x 1-1/2 x 12

1 - 1/4 x 1 x 11.5

2 - 1/2 sq x 10

4 - 1/4 copper rivets

Hot collared with:

1 - 1/8 x 1-1/2 x 5-1/2

1 - 1/8 x  1/2 x 6ish

It was a fun build, the wife was happy and so was her friend. I had trouble with the fact the two scrolls where off a little but it was a rush job do to time constraints.

image2.jpg

Thanks Guys,

It was  a fun project, I love commissioned work. I just finished up a Suffolk latch and hinge set for a buddy of mine who is making a outhouse for his mother place. I think she has an odd sense of humor, but who knows it may come in handy. It is always nice to know "exactly" what I will be trying to accomplish. I smith after work for 3-4 hours everyday, and for as long as I can on the weekends. Being all set up with a project, stock ready, forge waiting for a spark, is the way I forge the best. I like to have a goal and plan in mind or I find myself standing around wasting time. Also knowing I am ready to go helps me stay motivated after work to head to the forge and get to the getting.

Have a great day,

W