I Forge Iron

My first dragon door handle

blacksmith777

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done. The pictures are great too! Sometimes it can be hard to get a good shot of metalwork.

How does it feel in the hand? The only thing I would suggest is blunting the tips of the pineapple twist for delicate hands.

Just light taps with a light hammer to prevent distorting the pattern. Filing would be safer now that it's cool.

That is a very fine dragon, well done. Do dragons bring luck or scare off evil spirits? I suppose driving off evil spirits would be good luck wouldn't it?

I see lots of potential for this, handles or course, door knockers, a little scroll on the tail and hangers appear, lots of things.

Thank you for sharing.

Frosty The Lucky.

Very well done. The pictures are great too! Sometimes it can be hard to get a good shot of metalwork.

How does it feel in the hand? The only thing I would suggest is blunting the tips of the pineapple twist for delicate hands.

Just light taps with a light hammer to prevent distorting the pattern. Filing would be safer now that it's cool.

Sorry, Must disagree with this suggestion, blunting the tips should not be necessary, the tips are not sharp, any blunting will distort and ruin the effect.

I would be more concerned about the horns potential for catching passing clothing.

Nice job

Sorry, Must disagree with this suggestion, blunting the tips should not be necessary, the tips are not sharp, any blunting will distort and ruin the effect.

I would be more concerned about the horns potential for catching passing clothing.

Nice job

I have felt some sharp points on the twist before, to the point of discomfort on tool handles, is why I suggested it.

The horns would be possible point to catch as well.