I Forge Iron

Idle talk, Who is your favorite Blacksmith from the movies?

PCornett

OK, so its just general chit chat but who is your fav blacksmith from the movies and I will give you a list of a few to start out with. I hope to see more added to the list as time goes on.

Army of Darkness - The Blacksmith
Kingdom of Heaven - Balion
Iron Man - Tony Stark
Pirates of the Carribean - Will Turner (Also played by Orlando Bloom, see Kingdom of Heaven)

I havent decided my fav yet either so look forward to see what people suggest.

excellent :) good to know the female smiths are appreciated! i like your style guys.
have to say i havent seen many (any ) films with blacksmiths in, let alone amazing ones, BUT the one i do love, which someone on here posted ages ago, it is popeye... making chain at high speed out of horse shoes bluto is throwing at him. LOVE IT!!!!!! he makes me swoon :) popeye utterly rocks :)

Kate's good. Too bad the producers don't know anything about forging and too stupid to ask. Couldn't believe they had an anvil 5 feet off of the ground for her to hammer on.

I also like the one in Fly Away Home. Forged out a really big dragon. Plus it's modern day.

Also like the ones in Lord of the Rings. Scary, but powerful.

Gobber or Hiccup from how to train your dragon. some of the most realistic smithing scenes ever!!!

I have to agree, its portrayed well.

How about Clint Eastwood in the mine scene from Fist Full Of Dollars.

only other late model smith I can think of is Doc Brown from back to the future III. remember he became a blacksmith in the old west.

quint.JPG
Burt Reynolds
Feb. 11, 1936
Character: Quint Asper, Blacksmith
Years on Gunsmoke: 1962 - 1965 (3 years)

This guy didn't amount to much after gunsmoke as a blacksmith...... :lol: ..... He looked a little too clean cut for the part if you ask me.......Gunsmoke was my favorite show when I was a nipper....

Again, I cant believe I forgot HIGHLANDER!! Really? Who didnt love seeing that movie, from the smithing scene to two grown men with car batteries attached to their swords!?!?!?!?

I will have to go back and watch How to Tame Your Dragon again..

Gobber or Hiccup from how to train your dragon. some of the most realistic smithing scenes ever!!!

You beat me too it..He even used a handled punch the correct way! I was really,really supprised that an animated movie got ti that right..