sfDuck

Wheatsheaf Twist

I remembered seeing a twist a while back that looked exactly like the head of a stalk of wheat, ............but I can't find it here or at Anvilfire. So I was wondering does anyone know how to do it or find the BP on it. Thanks fellas!

I don't think so, BUT...........I'll look I could be wrong or seldom right; whatever is left

Bob - The ones I've seen have 2 twists placed side by side - each are twisted a different direction. - JK

Take 4 pieces of round stock, point the ends, fold in half, and twist 2 CW and 2 CCW. Nest together and forge weld. BP0231 by Mike-hr

Take 4 pieces of round stock, point the ends, fold in half, and twist 2 CW and 2 CCW. Nest together and forge weld. BP0231 by Mike-hr

Glenn, you put that so succinctly! I think I also once wrote a long wobbly thing about how it's done, but that's basically it.

P1040224.JPG P1040421.JPG

Glenn, you put that so succinctly! I think I also once wrote a long wobbly thing about how it's done, but that's basically it.

P1040224.JPG P1040421.JPG

Wow! Such a simple idea but it's extremely effective.

That's a very attractive gate Colleen.

Nice wheat Lans.

I'm going to have to take a lash at it. ;)

Frosty

DARN! Something else I'm going to have to try and more importantly NOT let Deb see or that's all I'll be doing for a while.

Beautiful wheat! Thanks for the pics all.

Frosty the Lucky.

nice work Lans...I think that's what Glenn posted...I was going to try that myself, now that I see it I'm for sure going to do it