I Forge Iron

Leah's father passes

Leah

My father passed away this morning in his sleep. Mother is a light sleeper had did not even wake up so we know he went peacefully. His health had been failing for the past couple of years, but he could still meet his friends for coffee and go check on his deer stand. At 71, he was happy to be able to do that. He helped me light my first fire and, every time I saw him, told me the backscratcher I made him was the best thing I ever forged. He got a kick out of telling his friends that his daughter could weld him up a new target stand when he needed one. I have not shed a tear. Every time I think of him, all I can do is grin. He was a fine man.

I will be out of pocket for a few days. Please remember my mother, she will be lost for a while.

Leah,
Your father was obviously proud. Everyone has to go sometime, it sounds like he passed as most of us wish ours could. Your ma will likely have a bit of a tough go for a while.
I don't know you, but from what you said in your message regarding tears, your mother may feel too proud to cry, too.
Tears are not a bad thing...
Tears do not imply weakness...
Tears can be cried for many reasons...
Your ma may need someone to cry with her...
Don't be afraid to be that someone.

Best wishes,
Henry

Leah,
Prayers for you and your mother have and will continue to be offered. When a stong and loving man, like your father passes, he does not leave a void, he leaves a legacy. He will always be with you and with your mother. His love will last forever, as will his presence. A person is never "gone", not as long as long as he is remembered.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. We had the funeral this afternoon so now we can start getting Mom settled. She is not too keen on staying by herself but someone will be with her the rest of the week. Steve and I have been busy putting in motion lights and deadbolt locks. She says she may get a dog to keep her company. I let her read everything you folks had written here and she could not believe how a bunch of people, most of whom I have never met, would offer such kind words. I told her it was because BLACKSMITHS ROCK!

LEAH-- Heart felt condolances for your family.

It is great that you are comfortable with your DADS passing. I hope your MOM can be so fortunate. He must have been quite a man to leave his daughter with some many good thoughts and memorys.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you folks.

GOD BLESS

Chuck

LEAH-- Heart felt condolances and Prayers for your family.
I lost my father when I was 10 and last week lost my Grandpa he was 96, but I still have great memories I hold onto of them both and am looking forward to the hope and assurance of meeting them and others in Heaven as you can also. Though It is tough now for you, your Mom & Family. I am sure, by the way you speak of him, your Dad will be waiting to welcome his family and show them around, as God calls each Home in his time.
Then, there will be tears again, but of pure Joy.
Our Family will be praying for you and yours
TIM

I'm sorry about your father. I am probably doomed to loose my dad early, as he had kids late, and he has diabetes. I am not a religious man, but I wish you and your mother well. I hope I can take my dad's passing as well as you are.