I Forge Iron

Ed Viadock

Glenn

I spoke with Ed and he ask that I place him on the prayer list. He is the Pa. blacksmith that had the his toes amputated from his foot due to diabetes and circulation problems. The wound from the amputation is still not completely healed after several months but he is dealing with that situation.

His request comes from the lack of circulation in his other foot, that is causing the doctors much concern. His recent breathing difficulty was blamed on the start of pneumonia. It has him concerned enough to ask for your prayers.

• 10 months later...

I talked with Ed by phone last night and FINALLY his foot is starting to heal with the new treatment they are using.

He has a bad upper respiratory infection and is going to the doctor Monday. He asks for your thoughts and prayers so it does not advance and the doctors can get the right meds to cure it. Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...

I spoke with Ed today and his foot is finally healing now some 4 years after they removed the toes from complications of diabetes.

At the doctors office this week he somehow fell and crushed his left knee when he hit the floor. He now suffers from COPD and is taking breathing treatments. He would like prayers as the knee has him concerned. Thank you.

• 5 months later...

I just got this from Ed.
Ed does not ask for help unless it is needed. He has been fighting diabetes for a long while, has had the toes on one foot amputated, and is prone to infections etc. Prayers would be appreciated.

i was in the hospital for 7 days
just got back and last night
still not good and I need some prayers
Please put me on the list.
Ed

• 3 weeks later...

Ed called today is feeling good, and his foot has finally healed.

He is having cataract surgery (both eyes) August 21, 2010. They say it is most likely caused by diabetes and or old age, and he should be able to see with glasses when they finish. He ask to be put on the prayer list, to guide the surgeons hands and to help with the operation. He says he misses those on the site, and will try to get back as soon as he can fix his computer problems. He also said to thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

• 5 months later...

I put him back on my list. I'll be praying for them both. Fear is a terrible thing to face with the possible loss of your feet and legs. My grandfather said he would rather die but he lived for a long time after he lost them both above the knee and much happier for it. Peace of mind is what Ed needs and so does his wife. Some days it is hard to come by but only God can supply it. Peace and blessings to you and your wife.

• 3 months later...

Ed's leg is continuing to give him problems. Sunday his leg swelled up and went to the Doctor Monday. They are going to do a doppler study on the leg to check on blood flow, blood tests, cultures, etc He requests your thoughts and prayers.