I Forge Iron

Coke question

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Charles.  Both by nature and training I tend to be non-confrontational but I can melt your socks with words if the situation calls for it.  I have found that a straight up in your face confrontation seldom gives good results.  A more subtle approach often works better.  If, in a disagreement, you want to bring the other person around to your position or opinion just meeting them head on will very seldom give that result. 

Direct arguing is like trying to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

That said, I tend to be an extreme rationalist and have a very hard time dealing with irrational and emotional folk.  I am very much more of a "what do you think?" person than "what do you feel?".

GNM

Wait, you can’t teach pigs to sing?!

emotional control is not been easy for me, it’s as if they turned the gain on my emotions up to 12 on the assembly line. I have spent a large chunk of my life learning to control them. Needless to say Spock is a hero of mine. 

unfortunately I am not southern enough for “Bless your little heart” close I come is to walk away nursing a headache. 

I've always had a temper and been glib but since the accident I tend to go off the rails too easily. I cope by not responding to trolls or being baited. I still succumb to being baited into arguments though. 

Not feeding coke attitude guy was easy though. 

Frosty The Lucky. 

I always thought of you as a four-wheel freewheeling off-road kind of guy.  :)

Come to think of it, I'm not much of one for cruises, but I'd pay good money to go on a cruise with the IFI crew to get to know you guys. I know I'd be the richer for it. Of course, from what I think I know of you guys, we would all end up in the engine room. 

Can you book pleasure cruises on the USS Alabama? We used to ride the Alaska Ferry pretty often moving equipment around S.E Ak. I enjoyed the short cruises but I'm pretty gregarious and it was unlikely I'd meet anybody again so I could be freely creative.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, Wesley mccravy said:

Brianbrazzeal... I respect you, but i hate you so much. Burns up a firepot at $250 a piece

Good grief dude why ya hatin on my neighbor?

Why on earth do you even care what he spends HIS money on?:huh:

ive made fire pots, I’ve bought old used firepots, an I could buy new fire pots if I so choose,

it’s not anyones business what I do or what you do or what he does with money…

everyone does their own thing,

whatever works for every individual person is the right way to do it for them,;)

spouting unsolicited an foul language filled advice at someone who didn’t ask for your OPINION on how to do something isn’t likely  to win them over to your idea, or anyone else for that matter…

an FYI you must not actually know him,

because if you did then you would know that he does infact fabricate his own firepots depending on the forge and it’s application… 

last time he was at my shop a few weeks back, him an Ed were showing me pictures of their current designs they use on their travel forges…

you should really do your homework before talking nonsense at or about any blacksmith

an especially on a international Blacksmithing forum where a lot of said blacksmiths actually know each other an how they do things:rolleyes:

Hmmm, an Iforge curmudgeon sleep over involving fire, hammers and clinking songs. No adult type drinking until lights almost out.  That'd be fun, I've never used a Johnson Gas Appliance 200 x forge even though I have one. I BELIEVE there is at least one against the far wall in the ship's forge.

Frosty The Lucky.