I Forge Iron

6" of 1/2" square bar challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 5:25 PM, Daswulf said:

Making some more and some long grass would make a nice scene

I made two more from 5/8 round stock along with three leaves and a long leaf. Debi painted a humming bird & it's tulip and threw in a small leaf to go to Steve, for the bouquet that will be presented to Glenn's wife Karen.

100_2357.thumb.JPG.00d35c9b61fd73cf4f0de820681e7e82.JPG

• 2 months later...

I haven't been checking the forum much recently so I'm way behind on this thread.:o

I really like it Jim, there's a huge amount of marketable potential in the idea! I vote you the winner of the best idea for the end of 2023. :D 

I'm envisioning so many variations I don't know where to start!  Okay, here's a sillier idea, how about an octopus doing a hand stand? Ooh ooh, shape the legs to suggest walking, paint them black and white and have them carrying hors' devores dishes on the table at parties. 

Tea lite and candle holders are arguing in my head for who gets to be written about first!

I think I'll go have an eggnog and see what else happens on this thread.

Thank you for a wonderful idea Jim.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty! Thats a big call as there is some seriously cool stuff on ifi! But i'll take it!

I though it a pretty interesting challenge of just how much metal i could move and keep it one piece as i usually cut and or weld otherwise.

You ideas are interesting and i would like to see them, ( all of them, you have to do all of them;)

Keep a lookout, i might do an extravagant one in the future.

Have a good new years everyone.

Jim.