I Forge Iron

Quad state September 22-24, 2023

Lol, I tried to get it delivered while liz was in ny with the kids visiting family but I hadn't made room to get it in yet so I spent that time cleaning up the shop. 

It isn't That big a deal. I'd just rather not have to answer questions. The bills are paid and there is food in the fridge. Kids have cloths and toys. Lol

Oh yeah, having what you need at hand when you need it and the rest is good production technique, the better it is the more profitable your time.  But . . . Up your sanity! Can we say that here and not get in trouble? :rolleyes:

I find it difficult sometimes just explaining why doing some things in a particular order is faster and easier than just doing them all at once.

Frosty The Lucky.

Maintaining some level of sanity is a good thing. It kills me when I can't find a tool I was just using only to discover after getting another one that the "missing" tool is laying on the anvil or whatever I'm working on or . . . in my hand. I've had to set the lost tool down to pick up a replacement. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Have you ever found yourself wearing two pairs of glasses, safety or othewise because you couldn't remember where you laid the last pair after pushing them back on your head and searching for a half hour and just grabbing some new ones?

Doubt I'll be going, again....  maybe some day!

When hurricane Gustav hit Louisiana back in '08 my parents had a HUGE pecan tree fall on the house. I helped my mom  and dad with clean up and rebuilding. My dad had to have no less than 5 tape measures. Rather than using the little belt clip he would just lay it down, lose it, go get another. It became a ritual about 3 times a day me and my mom would gather up all the tape measures and put them back. 

Your Dad and I have the same problem I see. Every time I get my tape measures distributed where I need them someone come by and puts them all away! :rolleyes:

I do have a number of tapes here and there, sometimes until I rediscover it some time later. I have a small pocket tape I use  most but it won't span a distance like the 25' ones. I only buy bright yellow or orange tapes anymore. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Saturday attendance required full registration, which was $65 if booked in advance and $70 on the day. Single day passes for either Thursday or Friday were available for $35 in advance and $40 on the day.

A lot of folks (myself included) set up a tailgating table with payment on the honor system, which can go a long way towards offsetting the admissions cost and paying for whatever you might happen to buy. Anyone who pays admission is free to tailgate without additional charge.

The price may be high but they have their reasons. You have to look at this as a trade show. And really, compared to many trade shows i have been to $70 is quite reasonable. 

On a side note my goodness anvils have skyrocketed in price. Swage blocks as well. My swage i paid $65 for 3 years ago was priced at $250. Not many good deals at all. I was however able to get another post vice for less than $100. The jaws are a smidge misaligned, but the screw box is in excellent condition, all the parts are there, oh it has 5" jaws and much more stout than my other one. Of course no identifiable markings. 

Been there many times, not in the last few yeas though. I've noticed a trend every year I go, it gets a little smaller and smaller every year, barely any old power hammers being sold anymore. Would I pay $40 to walk around the flea market and look at the art display, maybe, lots of not common stuff to look at. Astronomical prices mean I might buy a few pieces of junk for $30 after a $70 entrance fee and watch maybe 30 minutes of demos. So at the end of the day I end up with $100 of possibly useful junk that's only worth $20 lol.