Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, Frosty said:

How about more pics, lighted from a shallow angle to make details like stamped markings stand out. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I don't know what they put on this for a finish but I couldn't get through it with the wire wheel on my grinder but I found this.   To me it looks like a 1 8 7 on the front right foot as you're looking at it.  I'm thinking it's a weight.  All other markings are gone20210913_183054.thumb.jpg.25167a5cadb0b9808aa8d45cdf7c4e04.jpg

Other features of interest,  the hardy hole is 1 1/8 inch. 

Under the heel...20210913_181315.thumb.jpg.a5f27514e01c774dee94f755e43d22cd.jpg

Bottom...

20210913_181853.thumb.jpg.19f87f65f47417692a53b3c36129cc8c.jpg

I got a gem no matter what.   Now for the stand...

20210913_181837.jpg

I picked up a bunch of rusty junk along the the railroad tracks today.  Not even worthy of a photo but I'm starting a new scrap art resource pile after leaving mine behind whilst moving.  It's a rail siding at my new work place so I have permission.  No worries other than getting run over by the rr because I found out they don't watch the end car like they should.  Silent but lethal.

Yes!  Sort of....  House yes, shop no.  So I will have to build one from scratch, plenty of land.  But I'm getting traction, there is a tiny shed to putter around in and storage for all my goods for the time being.  There is also some road frontage so maybe I will build a combination forge/cafe/gift/curiosity shop and tourist trap.    :)

Edited by Nodebt
Remove uncouth silent/deadly/stinks remark.

Sounds like you're on track. Is your Mother comfortable in the new place? 

What are you going to do with the tourists when you trap them? I'm particular to fleece and release myself. :ph34r:

We're expecting to see some pics before long you know.

Frosty The Lucky.

We don't close for a while yet.  Sorry for the confusion.   It has everything she wants and needs.  According to her, the first thing unpacked is the canning supplies, before the season is over.   She says "Hi Jerry!" :)  Thanks for asking.  It's been a long summer.

"Fleece and Release" sounds reasonable enough....

Don't be sorry, confusion is one of my main forms of entertainment.:)

Home canned is the best. Do you have the new garden staked out yet? Not literally of course but I'm sure you've eyeballed everything and taken it's measure. Any fruit trees? 

Tell your Mom she's more than welcome, I'm always nice to my friends Mothers. I don't want one calling MY Mother!:o 

I'm happy for you two, it was a long hard ordeal for you, glad it's about over. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Ah, with mine the rubber stem that holds the speaker in place tore and the speaker fell out.

I've always considered the weakest link to be buttons.

Frosty, I don't believe these have active noise cancellation. They work just as well as the normal pluggers you'll find at the hardware store etc.. The only difference is these have speakers in them.

They are advertised as having active noise cancellation, but I found my pair to be just as effective as hearing protection after they died.

I've been entirely happy with them so far as both noise reduction and sound reproduction go. I tried headphones a while back, but I had the same problem with face shields interfering with the fit. Even the kaffiyeh I wear as a sweat rag would mess up the fit. 

Bummer. My Bose are good hearing protection when they're off but when you turn them on it's like closing a door. You can still hear but nothing louder than about 60db comes through. AND I can listen to audio in comfort.

I wish they had radio or a chip reader but oh well. I can take my 9" disk grinder to a 20' stick of 9" wide flange and just hear it working. I guess I'll stick with the modified head bands on the face shield. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

8 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Nodebt, does the new place have a view? 

Pine trees...   I have not been to the coast or mountains yet, but it's pretty much trees in these parts.

I wonder, have there been long term hearing loss studies on these electronic ear plugs?  I ask because I just use plain foam ones and am considering them.  Search engine just confused things for me.