I Forge Iron

New member from France

Hi all,

I'm Guillaume From France. 

I'm doing blacksmithing and bladesmithing for a hobby and i'm a member of the french forum about forge : Forgefr.com (I may find some buddies here?) . I'm also a mechanical designer since more than 20 years in toolmaking, oil & gas and now aerospace. 

I'm here because one of our members who is in love with propane burners but don't speak a word of english as found useful informations here and want to work on the subject with me. We'll share our results here.

Thank you already for all that you share. Hope to share useful stuff too.

Welcome aboard Guillaume, glad to have you. I'm sure you'll find other Countrymen here, Iforge has members in something like 150 countries. 

Tell us what you need, size of the forge, what type burner you wish to make and such, we'll be more than happy to help you build your burner.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. My second father in law was French who fought with the Free French Army in WWII and was evacuated from Dunkirk. After the war he married an English Lass, immigrated to the U.S., and they had my wife in the states. I heard many tales Armand had to tell. Sorry about the ancient history.

Welcome aboard from 7500' in SE Wyoming.  My wife's grandmother was French (from Guadeloup in the West Indies).  As Charles says, start looking through the pages and topics in the Forges 101 and Burners 101 areas and you will probably find more than you and your friend will ever want to know.  Also, direct questions to either Frosty or Mikey will get you direct and accurate answers.

Me, I'm just a plug and play guy who can recognize a gas forge from 3 meters away 3 out of 5 times.  Frosty and Mikey are experts.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Bon Jour Guillaume,

Sorry, I don't speak French, but I took French at school for 4-5 years. Canada is supposed to be Bi-Ligual, French and English. Parts of Canada speak French or Quebec French. I'm sure there are individuals here who speak French and English.

Welcome from the Pacific side of Canada, Victoria, B.C.

Neil