I Forge Iron

Random signs of the apocalypse

JHCC

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an add awhile back on cl advertising an antique champion corn sheller on a stand!!! 

Only problem was it wasn’t a corn sheller it was a champion 400 blower…

two other occasions in flea markets, 

someone mistook a galvanized well bucket for a potbelly stove… 

second someone mistook a porcelain bed pan for a… wait for it… bean pot :lol:

that’s not a joke that actually happened 

I worked with an old timer at the plant and he threw a fit because his wife washed out his coffee jug and he had to start a new one cause it tasted like soap.  He chewed tobbaco and there was as much chew juice build up on the rim of his old jug as coffee.  He was fun to spend a shift with.  We carried radios and he talked non stop.  If I got tired of hearing him I just turned off my radio.  Sometimes I would turn it back on and he would still be talking....

Right on Frosty. Coffee mugs should be rinsed out only. If it Really needs it on the rim or something, a quick soapy cleaning but don't soak it.

I've had people seem disgusted that I would even drink more of my coffee after many hours of it sitting. (If I hadn'tm finished it earlier).

I don't put milk or creamer in my coffee so its fine.  And a good mug keeps it warm. 

Also finding a Good coffee mug you like is hard so I tend to use one for years till it is just so worn out or completely broken.  

And rinsed ONLY if the spider that finished your last cup is too stuck to shake out without water. 

If you do have to clean a mug, my stainless insulated mug develops a funky taste if I let it season much and it's too deep and narrow to scrub. Squirt it with lemon juice ad let it absorb a while then use baking soda on a sponge or dish rag to scrub it out. It works a TREAT, thank you Sir Slag!

It cleans tea stains too. 

Best of all it doesn't leave a taste and soap always seems to. <shudder>

Frosty The Lucky.