I Forge Iron

Delivery Bots

Scott NC

Should have held the door open for the poor thing. Let it make an escape for freedom. 

I do want one of those robot lawn mowers though. I saw Torbjorn Ahman had one in one of his videos, but then again he has a LOT of toys i want. 

Mabey that cart was only allowed to carry dirty trays back to the kitchen.  Or I could be wrong and it was a laundry cart.  Or an empty pill bottle cart.  Perhaps Dr. Miguelito Quixote Loveless was inside, piloting the infernal thing.  Were those mail carts autonomous?

The man of many disguises!  Fine taste in wine as well. 

Do delivery robots out in the desert have treads like a tank, or paddle wheels to get through the sand?  Did your water tank magically fill up while you were gone?

It seems that all NM needed to do to get rain was to get me out of the state!  Gone from no rain for 6 months to thunder storms every day, the tank is afiiling!  Worst weather was the last 20 miles of the trip; all the trucks were slowing down with their flashers on on the Interstate!

The banks around here use a ATM like thing. The people you talk to are on a video screen and not even in the same town, much less inside the bank. I may be getting old but i am starting to really not like this new world we live in. Cant even call to order a pizza with out talking to someone in another state. 

Some of the banks around here still use pneumatic tubes most only have the one window and drawer. I don't know if anybody's using drone delivery, maybe in Anchorage or one of the other big cities, Juneau maybe.

Thinking about it I'd like to open a burrito mortar restaurant, hold your receipt up in the open window and Foomp INCOMING! Phone in your order and it'd be delivered as you drive past. 

Hmmmm?B)

Frosty The Lucky.

My pharmacy uses a pneumatic tube for their drive-up prescriptions window. Wonderful "hissssssssssSSSSSSS-FOOP!!!" noise as the carrier arrives.

Interestingly, the very first New York City subway was pneumatically driven, pushing/pulling a passenger car through a subterranean tube with giant fans.

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

burrito mortar restaurant

You could call it The Burrito Bomb.  Especially if you made your burritos bread loaf size like you get on those trucks.  How many would forget to roll the window down?

My pharmacy has an odd oval shaped carrier that gets stuck every time I have tried to remove it.  It was built to low as well... as if everybody drives a corvette.  Got to be a contortionist to get at it in an suv or truck.

I wonder if that pneumatic subway car made your ears pop every time you rode it.

I was going to say recoilless burrito but that'd be like advertising a dangerous back blast.

IIRC the one special I saw the pneumatic subways tended to blow people on the platforms through doors and up staircases. 

Frosty The Lucky.