I Forge Iron

The die is forged!

ThomasPowers

You know, with all that horse manure composting close by I'll bet it'd be easy to make a reactor and start burning free methane. Your neighbor could just haul the trailer up a ramp and dump through a trapdoor and let the feed auger do the rest. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thomas, you have worked your whole life for this moment....relish and enjoy it!!  One of the best things is that you aren't cooped up in an office and commuting to work each day.

An interesting sidelight to retirement...our blacksmith organization is made up of a large percentage, I'd say, of the retired segment of society.  It's hard to get the younger members to volunteer for club duties, step up and assume officer and board positions and regularly attend meetings.  We have to stop and think that they are still working and have responsibilities of work and family activities in their "spare" time.

Well I'm still at the office till the COB on Feb 28; bad case of short timers though.  My boss said I didn't have to give them 4 weeks notice as a bad recommendation isn't going to mean much when retired.  However the month lets a lot of stuff cycle in the background---I was changing the battery in my insulin pump yesterday and found that the case was cracked.  Called them up and they are overnighting a replacement to me.  (As a new one costs more than I paid for my pickup, I'm happy to have it covered by the warranty!)  Getting another 3 month shipment of insulin too I hope.  I'm trying to figure out how the case got cracked. It stays in the left front pocket of my shirt and I don't take many blows there; especially as I've been married 37 years...

Thomas, I’ve been retired 2yrs now and the only advice I can give you is to get ready to change your name to “I need” because almost every time my phone rings that’s the first thing I hear. 
All joking aside, every day in your future will be a Saturday, one of the hardest things you’re going to have to do is remember what day of the week it is. I walked out after 37 yrs with the same company and laughed at them when they wanted me to come back as an contractor. But when asked by another company to work 5 days a month as a consultant, performing the same work, I couldn’t pass up their offer, especially when this job doesn’t even feel like working. 
My advice: get ready to enjoy the ride of your life and do what and when you want.