I Forge Iron

Frankenbucket

Scott NC

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A weld bead would make a nice puckery stitched scar. Might even warp the bucket locally to go with.

Staples could make easy stitches. Kind of small though even large construction ones.

Cobbler's anvils might make good ear lobes, or eye lids.

Frosty The Lucky.

I have to cut a door in the back of the head for mounting the green light bulb and phone crank brain works so I might use stitches to disguise that as well.  

Btw, I was thinking of beating it up with a hammer to distort it but welding may do the job nicely.  

Thanks for the input!

Having it look to the side would pull the electrode bolts out from behind the wheels. Catching a glimpse of them through the wheels might encourage people to look closer to reveal the "secret." I like hiding tantalizing bits to encourage closer examination.

Frosty The Lucky.

You both are right.  Thanks. Having something catch your eye and suprise you is half the fun.  I'm thinking about how to make realisticish drool out of metal so it could hang out of the corner of its mouth.  I was thinking about a glob of silicone so it could just hang there and jiggle around and look like it's about to drop off but doesn't, but need something permanent.  I also thought about mounting a hidden electric motor with an offset lobe on the shaft to shake and vibrate the whole thing, like it's about to explode or take off after the onlooker.  Details, details.....

You could make the drool out of highly polished aluminum or stainless steel. I like the silicon idea tho. 

I have a broken harbor freight jackhammer that is basically just the motor and offset lobe that would shake the snot out of it, but it runs off 110v. Something 12v would probably be better for that. 

I like the glob of silicone myself. a little monofilament for support and it could be a long stringy jiggly bit of robotic runny nose. Creepy icky fun, I like it. 

Shaking like an old jalopy would be cool, maybe like the flying car in "Fluber." 

Is it going to have arms?

Frosty The Lucky.

Maybey.... :D  

I like the highly polished aluminum or stainless steel idea very much.

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

Is it going to have arms?

Eventually.....  I'm thinking of having them come up from underneath the axel area.  Have to have a way to hold the multi-tool "battle axe" I found at the flea market :).

20220822_102159_compress21.thumb.jpg.743b0bad129f1eb82c95c6a510fbfb4e.jpg

Frankenbucket will be the last creepy one I ever produce.   20220823_134410_compress31.thumb.jpg.b8d69031994fce1320a46580113e6ed5.jpg

Give me your best creepy ideas.  Don't hold back.

I spent three hours today cutting holes and trying to stick weld cast iron eyes to tissue thin steel barrel material, chasing holes.  It shall be very ugly indeed.  :)

It reminds me of Schultz from "Hogan's Heros", all he needs is a monocle and pencil thin mustache! Then again there's nothing creepy about Schultz unless you're a schnitzel that is.

Could make the mouth into a toothy smile and as part of the motion machinery add a couple doll legs on springs sticking out kicking. 

What we have for ears? I'm thinking a couple tractor seats would offer plenty of places for ear rings and cilia / tentacles.  

Frosty The Lucky.

It comes in an unbreakable tube.  Schultz wore a monocule?  I have the hair part worked out but the ears are a mystery right now.  I just ran out of tractor seats last week.  Maybe frying pans?   

Thanks Billy.  Green fog would make it more hideous looking.  Nice touch....

16 hours ago, Daswulf said:

I know the misery of welding thin to thick. Ugh. 

Thin is right.... :)

20220824_122722_compress73.thumb.jpg.0c7114abc70b41b60903951302571ab8.jpg

Thomas, I wonder if it's a byproduct of Texaco refining process.  Or maybe the soy oil industry.  There's a lot of bald people running around.

I tried that up by the eyes and the can metal just melted faster than I could get the puddle to it.  Maybe holes all over will make it look more horrible when I stick the green light bulb in there.

A monocule!  I didnt think of it before.  How cool.  It could have some chain for a lanyard or whatever you call it.  Or should I say a half a monocule?

Monocle is short for "mono ocular" and means "one eye".

Use a welding magnet to hold a piece of steel backing where you want to weld. Make the puddle on the thick stock and stop when it touches the thin stock. A little practice and it's not too difficult, especially if there's something behind the sheet to stop the hole. 

A pair of glasses that doesn't have arms to your ears but has a little nose clamp to keep them on  is called a, "pince nez" which means pinch nose. 

Frosty The Lucky.