I Forge Iron

GGYAHHH! the ads have to go!

SLAG

SLAG,  here.

I need help from the folks on this forum.

The internet advertisements have finally got to me.

They are incessant,  obtrusive,  annoying.

Can anyone suggest a good ad blocking 'software' that helps with this problem?

I shall be very grateful, and thankfu, for any suggestions.

Regards to all.

SLAG.

I like the cookie info  sites that say "if we don't store your info; how can we direct ads at you?"  As pretty much the only places I "shop" at is the fleamarket and scrapyard I don't see why having directed ads is useful.   (I'm currently really down on ads as they make people think they should or have to be "living" like they portray and so I know someone basically making minimum wage that just spent thousands of dollars on their wedding and the loans may last longer than the marriage!  Just the flower bill was 4 times what my wedding cost, we've made it 37 years so far and starting out without a huge debt helped a LOT!)

I run Adblock plus under Google chrome and use duck duck go for a search engine. I was going to give duck duck go a try for browser but I can't figure things out so well anymore and couldn't figure out how to transfer bookmarks, etc. 

I only white list a site on Adblock if I REALLY want to go there. Once done I go back and block the stuffings out of it. My system is set to dump cookies every time I shut it off, it means I have to log back in every time I turn it on but I don't have many ads opening before my browser does. Those I go after with a vengence.

I use "Red Condor" to filter ads and malware on my email. It can be a little too choosy and I check every day or so and white list things I want to receive.

Marketing is getting stupid invasive, I watch too much TV and ad time is sometimes more than 50% and I'm PAYING for the service!

Frosty The Lucky.

I. Forger Iron denizens et al.

Thank you very much for all your responses. They are really helpful.

And  I shall choose at least one very soon. If I can successfully wade through all the advertisement rubbish piled in/on my computer system.

Wish me luck with that endeavor.

Thanks,  (again),

and regards to all!

SLAG.